Anti rust stuff

tenderbehind

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2008
As wer'e more or less into winter, and with probably a lot of rain on the way, can I reccommend an aerosol spray which gives a good seal protecting our bikes, (and a lot of other items that are used - or stay outdoors).
It's called ''Corrosive Guard'', (could be ''Corrosion Guard'') and the can I have just bought is made by or for Yamaha, and is, I think, especially designed for marine outboard engines, which are of course subject to salt water corrosion especially if not carefully rinsed off in fresh water after use at sea.
I have used it on my own Suzuki 50hp 4 stroke outboard which is used regularly in salt walter, in the summer months at least, and I also sprayed all metal parts and gave a coating to the hub motor to my Powarbyke a couple of years ago when I first bought the bike. It really does give a good strong transparent seal to the parts sprayed and is still on the Powarbyke after all that time, there is no rust showing where I have used the spray. It's also probably made by or for other marine engine manufactures such as Mercury, Evinrude, Tohatsu etc, and, as you would imagine is available in certain chandlery shops. It's not cheap at about £12 per tin, but I think it's a quality product and has to be good for the harsh marine environment. I don't have shares in any of the shops that might sell it! I shall certainly use it on the Wisper 905se I have just bought, (Very pleased with the bike).