Any experience with the KU123 500W Controller

Tubamanandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
I've found some wiring instructions online for the above controller but I notice the label on the controller reads "36V connect the two red (thin ones) with each other and for 48V disconnect those two wires ".

Not sure which two thin wires they are talking about, any ideas as doesnt seem to be 2 x separate small red wires to connect together ?

When I got the controller (it was ordered for 36v) I noticed that there was an orange wire connecting red & blue cables together on one of the black molex 4-pin connectors - other two colours are green and black - not sure what this is.

Any help/thoughts appreciated

D

Deleted member 4366

Some have automstic switching. Some have the wires that go to two adjacent pads. Some are fixed at 48v or 36v by a solder bridge between the two pads rather than external wires.

D

Deleted member 4366

The latest oned have the connector for a LED display that has the main switch in it. Without the display, you should join the red and blue wires to power the controller. Ideally, you should put a switch on that line. Any switch will do as it's only low current to power the controller CPU and sensors.

Reactions: john h

Tubamanandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
With your help, I think I've cracked it.

The 4-pin connector that came already with the Red & Blue shorted must be the LED810 connector. So when the controller arrived these wires were already shorted (powering the controller).

As I've got a LED810 on order, I will simply unshort the Red/Blue & plug it in.

I think I'm there (apart from my basic BPM motor question that I have PM'd you Dave) - thanks again

john h

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 22, 2012
murthly castle estate
d8veh i to have a ku123 but mine only has a 3 pin conector , the colors are black blue and green ( there is no red) iv never got it to come on :confused:( yet)

D

Deleted member 4366

Black blue and green is the three speed switch. Short the black to one of the other two and you get restricted speed. Short it to the other and you get a sort of overdrive as long as you have hall sensors in your motor. Overdrive gives about 10% more speed than a normal controller can give. It does it by changing the timing.

You have a separate thin red ignition wire on the three way battery connector. It has to be joined to the battery positive (thick red) to switch on the controller. Ideally, you should put a switch on it so that you can switch it on and off.

Reactions: john h
D

Deleted member 4366

Did you try the overdrive. If so, how much extra speed did you get?