Any ideas

holliday86

Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2013
Hi, i'm new to the forum and really interested in getting into the lifestyle of an ebike.

I have a round trip of about 25 miles to uni and I don't think that a battery will take me that far without a charge unless I spend thousands but that's okay.

I have a friend who is willing to give me his ebike as he never got into it, only problem is that he has no idea what make/model it is. I have a couple of photos and wondered if anyone here could shed any light.

2013-11-10 10.19.17.jpg2013-11-10 10.18.35.jpg

Thanks for any help anyone can give :)

Rosie

e-bike

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 26, 2013
Any idea what the battery voltage is? You could test it out round your area to see how many miles you get out of it before it needs charging. You will need to charge it up at uni before heading back home for sure.

holliday86

Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2013
Thanks for that :)

I actually discovered today that the distance to uni in a car is 13 miles... On a bike on the bike paths it is 8 miles.

Rather nifty. I want one even more following that revelation

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't know that e-bike holiday86, but it looks very much like some that Sakura used to make. It could well have SLA batteries in that case, if so they are easily and cheaply replaced. Open it up and you may find two or three rectangular black cased batteries linked together in there. If so and the range isn't very good at present, a new set of SLA batteries will put that right.

holliday86

Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2013
Think I've decided I would rather splash out for a new bike with known origins and a warranty. Thanks for your help.