Any old iron? Blown motors and controllers wanted.

pictsidhe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 17, 2011
I need more bits to play with, dead motors and controllers wanted, I'll pay postage and maybe a bit on top if it is interesting.

Seon

Apr 15, 2010
I need more bits to play with, dead motors and controllers wanted, I'll pay postage and maybe a bit on top if it is interesting.
Sorry I don't have old stuff to send you but I do have a controller and thumb throttle problem. Would you be able to help? It's a Conhis 200w 36 v set-up. The thumb throttle was always dodgy. It would stick. I didn't bother too much about that because I thought it was just the spring inside. I could always shift it back with my thumb. But sometimes the motor would cut out. I thought it was due to loose contacts. It seemed to be an easy fix to wiggle the connectors about. I never identified any one connector as the source. Yesterday the whole thing packed in and started again so much that I took it all apart. Following the dodgy connectors idea I stripped the wires and joined them without connectors, one by one. Still no joy. I then realised that it must be the thumb throttle. Took it apart and broke it. not worried. I've got a spare. But the spare isn't the same type. The Conhis motor and controller have a lot of extra features and that means extra wires. I don't know what they are for. The wiring diagram doesn't make it very clear. A proper circuit diagram would be handy.

To cut a long story short, would you be able to advise me on how I can join the new thumb throttle to the motor and controller? I'm not bothered about the fancy features. I would prefer to use only the minimum wiring necessary to make the thing work, with possibly one brake cut-out.

I wouldn't want this to be a nuisance so please don't feel that you have to respond.

Best regards,

Seon

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Thumb throtell

Hi Seon

Your problem is easy Black wire is Ground Red wire is + 5 volt Match them UP the other one is the variable volts to the controller don't mater about that

one white or green just connect it
Frank

Seon

Apr 15, 2010
Thanks

Many thanks Frank,

I'll get a voltmeter and try that.

Seon