any one fancy converting this to a e-bike

D

Deleted member 4366

I can just picture it: A jack-shaft half-way down the chain with a 44T sprocket on the each side; a free-wheel with same size sprocket as the crank one at the right hand end; two code 10 500w front BPMs in the middle of the triangle with sprockets on the disc mounts driving the left hand 44T sprocket by chain; a 40aH battery under the seat; a bit of cowling for the battery and drives in candy apple red. Go cruise!
A bit limiting only being able to use it at custom shows though. I can't imagine the boys in blue looking the other way with that cruising up the cycle path - pedalling or not.

D

Deleted member 4366

Is there no end to Man's* ingenuity? Perhaps some body has already motorised a uni-cycle?
Tom

*person's ?
There was one at the Bristol show. It balanced itself too like a Segway. I don't think you could pedal it though.

Jeremy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2007
Salisbury
The chap that inspired me to build a DIY self-balancing scooter a couple of years ago, Trevor Blackwell, has gone on to build a self-balancing unicycle: Trevor Blackwell

I have thought of having a go at one, as I still have the gyro/accelerometer module and µprocessor board that I used for the two wheel version. A bit of adaptation to the software and a new bidirectional motor controller could turn a big hub motor into an interesting device............

stuvy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 2, 2013
those 'toy' penny farthings are rubbish your knees hit the handle bars every time you peddle

that first one is too cool!