Any tips for buying on ebay?

J.B.

Pedelecer
May 23, 2016
Lincolnshire
How do you tell the difference between the impulse (made by whome?) and a different and your opinion better motor. Mine is in the shop for new crank arm and a fix on the lights.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
How do you tell the difference between the impulse (made by whome?) and a different and your opinion better motor. Mine is in the shop for new crank arm and a fix on the lights.
You just need to know what they look like. Use Google images. Impulse was Kalkhoff own brand derived from Daum. Impulse 1 was not too bad, though they'll be coming to the end of their lives now and there are no spares. Impulse 2 was terrible. Impulse 3/Evo was bad. Dates and serial numbers are probably the easies way to tell what you have.

Lots of useful info here:

Last edited:
Reactions: J.B.

J.B.

Pedelecer
May 23, 2016
Lincolnshire
Just checked milage that I noted down. After noting down 5385 miles during a ride home I pressed the set button and held it in for to long and it cleared total millage. No idea at what point it was when I did it but it would have been fully charged at the start of 22 mile journey. So let's call it 6000 miles. Its is over 700 miles at the moment. So 6700 miles so far with no motor problems.

J.B.

Pedelecer
May 23, 2016
Lincolnshire
You just need to know what they look like. Use Google images. Impulse was Kalkhoff own brand derived from Daum. Impulse 1 was not too bad, though they'll be coming to the end of their lives now and there are no spares. Impulse 2 was terrible. Impulse 3/Evo was bad. Dates and serial numbers are probably the easies way to tell what you have.

Lots of useful info here:
Are you saying my kalkhoff pro connect must have an impulse motor? Was it a Bosch motor that replaced them? I haven't got mine at the moment to check.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Are you saying my kalkhoff pro connect must have an impulse motor? Was it a Bosch motor that replaced them? I haven't got mine at the moment to check.
How could I know? I've never seen you bike. They used at least 4 completely different motor systems on the Pro Connect: Panasonic, Bosch, Xion and Impulse.

J.B.

Pedelecer
May 23, 2016
Lincolnshire
How could I know? I've never seen you bike. They used at least 4 completely different motor systems on the Pro Connect: Panasonic, Bosch, Xion and Impulse.
Thats not what I asked i asked if it had to be impulse? And did Bosch replace the impulse motor.
Never mind as mine could have Panasonic, Bosch, Xion or Impulse. Did they use them in that order?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Thats not what I asked i asked if it had to be impulse? And did Bosch replace the impulse motor.
Never mind as mine could have Panasonic, Bosch, Xion or Impulse. Did they use them in that order?
You're asking me to help you after you called me a moron? Are you for real?

• :D
Reactions: MontyPAS

J.B.

Pedelecer
May 23, 2016
Lincolnshire
You're asking me to help you after you called me a moron? Are you for real?
You also said I was a thief without adding any emojis or exclamation marks. I meant to type moronic not moron.
So i apologise your statement was moronic not you exclamation mark, exclamation mark.
Don't actually need any help as my bike has done 6,000 miles with out stealing anything from anybody exclamation mark, exclamation mark.

row

Pedelecer
Nov 12, 2015
Thanks for the tips, I bought the bike with cash and had a test ride (shame my original bike was stolen!) but this is a good replacement