Any Woosh Gran Camino owners out there?

Flycaster

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
I have just ordered my Gran Camino and will be getting it in a few weeks, very excited about it, cannot wait to try it out. Would also love to hear other riders of the bike in how they are getting on with it.

Lancs Lad

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 23, 2021
I have just ordered my Gran Camino and will be getting it in a few weeks, very excited about it, cannot wait to try it out. Would also love to hear other riders of the bike in how they are getting on with it.
What’s the current waiting time from order until receipt of a Gran Camino?

Flycaster

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
I first enquired a few weeks ago and was told they would be ready mid November, I got a call on Monday that they had stock in to build one but I do not know how much stock they have, best thing is to email them direct.

Reactions: Lancs Lad

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
What’s the current waiting time from order until receipt of a Gran Camino?
there is no longer waiting for Gran-Caminos.
They are now in stock. I am very sorry for the delay, the supply problems are mostly sorted for this model and the Rambletta.

oggie

Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2017
chester
Arrived today, comprehensive instructions and manuals. Attached photos. Charging battery, will try first powered ride soon as possible. Problem with suntour fork remote lockout switch, emailed Woosh. Hopefully rectified soon. Otherwise, very impressed

Attachments

Reactions: Flycaster

Lancs Lad

Sep 23, 2021
Arrived today, comprehensive instructions and manuals. Attached photos. Charging battery, will try first powered ride soon as possible. Problem with suntour fork remote lockout switch, emailed Woosh. Hopefully rectified soon. Otherwise, very impressed
Was it easy enough to put together? I’m a complete fool when it comes to practical skills? My limit of man skills is putting an IKEA book shelf together.
Has the lockout switch issue meant you can’t ride it or just that it is stuck at a certain setting? Apologies for being bottom of the class in bike knowledge

oggie

Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2017
chester
If you can put an ikea shelf up, you will have no problems at all. The instructions were comprehensive, but not realy needed, (good to read through though) as it really is an easy assemble. Plus tools required such as 15mm spanner for the pedals included. Allen keys for the handlebars etc. Had to look close for the L and R on the pedals though.
The suntour lockout switch just collapsed and semi disintregated when tried on a no battery run? The forks are now in not locked position, the bike is totally rideable
Pulling out the box was the hardest, had to wait for son to arrive and assist.
Otherwise all good

Last edited:

Lancs Lad

Sep 23, 2021
If you can put an ikea shelf up, you will have no problems at all. The instructions were comprehensive, but not realy needed, (good to read through though) as it realy is an easy assemble. Plus tools required such as 15mm spanner for the pedles included. Allen keys for the handlebars etc. Had to look close for the L and R on the pedles though.
The suntour lockout switch just collapsed and semi disintregated when tried on a no battery run?
Pulling out the box was the hardest, had to wait for son to arrive and assist.
Othrwise all good
Thanks for that. I’m seriously considering. I might ring them up for a chat this week.
Slightly concerned it might be too large. I’m about 5ft9 with inside leg of about 28inch so don’t want something that always feels slightly too big.
On the other hand the motor seems like it should be able to shift my nearly 16 stone frame up a hill and it sounds like the brake set up is good. And the option to do a bit of light off roading appeals.
I like the look of the new Carrera Impel Im-2 too which is slightly cheaper but it doesn’t have hydraulic brakes and I worry how it would stand up to leaving roads or cycle paths. Also if Woosh are great with customer service I’d rather throw my money to a small company that hopefully looks after you than a big corporation.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it will be ok down a gravel path like down the cannel but off road down hill forget it at any speed.

oggie

Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2017
chester
I am similar height 5.8inch and similar weight. Took the bike for a no motor ride tonight, 2 miles. The seat was excellent(my piles did not complain once) I did initially wonder if the wide tyres would drag, compared to my little used hybrid bike with narrow tyres. I actually preferred the GC.
Will attach the battery tomorrow. Reconfigure the power as Nealh suggests and have a bril day

Lancs Lad

Sep 23, 2021
I am similar height 5.8inch and similar weight. Took the bike for a no motor ride tonight, 2 miles. The seat was excellent(my piles did not complain once) I did initially wonder if the wide tyres would drag, compared to my little used hybrid bike with narrow tyres. I actually preferred the GC.
Will attach the battery tomorrow. Reconfigure the power as Nealh suggests and have a bril day
Cheers. That’s good to know if we’re similar sizes. Comfy seat is a bonus too. I presume that when the forks are locked out for road use and the batteries been added to the mix it’ll be fantastic. Enjoy your first powered ride.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Cheers. That’s good to know if we’re similar sizes. Comfy seat is a bonus too. I presume that when the forks are locked out for road use and the batteries been added to the mix it’ll be fantastic. Enjoy your first powered ride.

turbo mode :p

oggie

Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2017
chester
Had a bril 14mile powered ride today on the GC. Perfect weather. After 2 miles I stopped and changed the power settings back to the default, but with the extra 0. So 0-5.
Neilh’s settings did’nt feel right. The bike is a pleasure to ride on 0 with no power on flat roads. 1 to 3 was spot on for approaching and the start of hills, 4 and 5 being perfect for steep ones. The best though, was a 1 mile flat road on my own power in 0, then flicking the thumb boost. Tell you, when that kicks in, which is almost immediate, the acceleration is fast and powerful. The large width tyres gave a solid ride with no feeling of drag. Comparing with the Carrera crossfire, there was no motor drag either. The seat was comfortable, no aches. It took me a while getting used to the cadence motor and how it kicks in, compared with the torque motor I was used to from the Crossfire. No complaints though, it works well for me.
The crowning glory of the Gran Camino for me, was the thumb throttle. My last couple of miles I did with power 0 and just flicking the thumb boost to bring my mph back up now and again.
The lights are ok but not exceptional, I can see those being changed or added to. The rear rack is solid. Gear changing smooth as anything.
Woosh are replacing the broken suntour fork lockout switch. Should arrive tomorrow, they also supplied instructions and support for changing it.
I am glad I chose the Gran Camino over the Carrera Crossfire. The After service and support from Woosh, spot on.
Well that’s my practical first ride review, sorry no technical info and jargon for you techies!
Photos to follow

Flycaster

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
Thank you for the updates and pictures, glad you are liking it. Cannot wait for mine coming next week!

Reactions: oggie

Lancs Lad

Sep 23, 2021
Great review Oggie. Always feels like a gamble if you’ve not been able to test ride so I’m happy to see you’re loving the experience so far. Hope it keeps you entertained for a long time

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
I think fork lock outs on an electric bike are a bit of a gimmick and would just ride it with the fork fully open for the comfort.

Lancs Lad

Sep 23, 2021
Finally took the plunge and ordered a Gran Camino for myself. Have to wait a couple of weeks for it to come but that’s no great hardship. It’ll give me a bit of time to brush up on cycle maintenance and do some stretches. :)

Reactions: oggie and Flycaster

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Out of curiosity, does anyone know what batteries the lights need please?
front light: 3 x AAA alkaline
Rear light: 2 x AA alkaline