Any Woosh Gran Camino owners out there?

oggie

Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2017
chester
1. larger tyres: from 27.5" x 2.0" to 27.5" x 2.15"
2. LCD: from KM529 to KD58C
The reason to change the LCD is because the KD58C lets you customise the 'power-set' in the LCD to suit your riding. You can set the number of levels and how much power for each level in pedal assist mode. The default setting is 1-5 but you can choose 0-3, 0-5,0-7,0-9 etc.
Level 0 is no assist. The throttle still works on level 0 so you can still flatten the hills.
The default for 1-5 set is 50%, 61%, 73%, 85%, 96%.
You can also change the maximum current too, between 18A-21A.
The throttle works the same as before.
I have my GC set at the default values as above 0-5
Q. Why 96% on 5. Is 100% OK?
Q. 18A-21A. Is each level 1 -5 default, preset to a certain Amp?
Cheers

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Q. Why 96% on 5. Is 100% OK?
Yes.
Q. 18A-21A. Is each level 1 -5 default, preset to a certain Amp?
Each level in the power set is a percentage of the current setting.
The default setting is 19A, 1-5 levels.
You can change it to suit your needs.

oggie

Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2017
chester
Yes.

Each level in the power set is a percentage of the current setting.
The default setting is 19A, 1-5 levels.
You can change it to suit your needs.
If I changed the default 19A on 1-5 levels to 21A.
What is likely to happen? And would it be any detriment to the motor (warranty) etc?

What I am trying to say is would changing the settings from 96% to 100% in level 5 plus changing the Amps from 19 to 21 increase the torque?

There is no way I would want to risk damaging anything by changing settings, just curious, what would happen if I did

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
If I changed the default 19A on 1-5 levels to 21A.
What is likely to happen? And would it be any detriment to the motor (warranty) etc?
the hill climbing would be a bit faster and it does not affect the warranty.
The motor is very robust, don't worry about it.

Lancs Lad

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 23, 2021
the hill climbing would be a bit faster and it does not affect the warranty.
The motor is very robust, don't worry about it.
So in essence there aren’t any changes you can make to the power assist settings that will damage the electrics in the short or long term?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
So in essence there aren’t any changes you can make to the power assist settings that will damage the electrics in the short or long term?
If you use less power then the electrics is less exposed.
As far as warranty goes, if a function or setting is accessible then the warranty stands.

Reactions: oggie and Lancs Lad

oggie

Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2017
chester
@ Woosh. Any chance of sharing your knowledge on fine tuning the GC using the KD58C.
Pros and cons of changing different parameters for different biking environments

Would be like a Woosh master class;)

Reactions: Flycaster

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Pros and cons of changing different parameters for different biking environments
the parameter presets are middle of the road, you can of course change them to suit yourself and that does not affect your warranty.

Southend is very flat, I don't need the GC, I ride the Faro which has the same LCD but much smaller motor and battery and take my Brompton with me on holidays.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Has anyone found where the serial number is? for the life of me I cannot find it!
Try looking underside of the BB or the down tube near the BB.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
frame number is under the bottom bracket on the GC, on the head tube under the Woosh logo on the Camino.

Lancs Lad

Sep 23, 2021
Any recommendations for a bike lock to secure my (hopefully coming tomorrow) GC? Anybody found a good lock that fits into the frame while riding and offers gold secure protection whilst parked up?
cheers

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Two locks are better then one, secure each wheel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Sep 23, 2021
My bike arrived today. Got everything sorted although having a bit of trouble with the front wheel rubbing on the mudguard. Mudguard looks a bit off centre (see picture) and adjusting the screws at the rear hasn’t fixed it. I’m sure it’s probably any easy fix but I’m next to useless with bikes. Not sure if I should tinker with the bit where the mudguard and front light are to see if that helps.
Not been out on it yet as I’m waiting for the battery to charge. Hopefully give it a run tomorrow.44541

Reactions: oggie

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Being plastic it has probably set in a new position in the box, esp if something was pressing on it. If it looks a bit lop sided then find something to press on it/re- align it by leaving it so over night, the small hole might be ideal for a bit of string tie thru it and then the other end to another object.

Regarding locks I wouldn't go mad and buy the most expensive or 5* gold ones as a determined thief will grind thru any lock, I use a strong looking D lock for the back wheel to frame and sometimes around a sign pole at the shop or a bike stand if there are any and a 1.5m oxford snake lock or longer one for the front wheel, this then goes thru the bike frame triangle and another object. The snake type I have has an inner cable and an outer stainless rotating covering encased in a flexi plastic sleeve.

These couple of items should be ok for casual use when shopping but if leaving any bike for a long time in one place on a regular routine then it will likely get tampered with. The harder or more locks used the longer someone might be noticed.
A motion alarm might work but really who takes notice of these things, though it will alert you if in hearing distance.
LOCK Oxford Barrier Armoured Cable Bicycle Motorbike Quad Bike Key 1.5m Security | eBay
U Shaped Bike Lock With Two Keys 1.8M Heavy Duty Cable With Bracket Bike D Lock 637405964189 | eBay

Last edited:

Lancs Lad

Sep 23, 2021
Being plastic it has probably set in a new position in the box, esp if something was pressing on it. If it looks a bit lop sided then find something to press on it/re- align it by leaving it so over night, the small hole might be ideal for a bit of string tie thru it and then the other end to another object.

Regarding locks I wouldn't go mad and buy the most expensive or 5* gold ones as a determined thief will grind thru any lock, I use a strong looking D lock for the back wheel to frame and sometimes around a sign pole at the shop or a bike stand if there are any and a 1.5m oxford snake lock or longer one for the front wheel, this then goes thru the bike frame triangle and another object. The snake type I have has an inner cable and an outer stainless rotating covering encased in a flexi plastic sleeve.

These couple of items should be ok for casual use when shopping but if leaving any bike for a long time in one on a regular routine then it will likely get tampered with. The harder or more locks used the longer someone might be noticed.
An motion alarm might work but really who takes notice of these things, though it will alert you if in hearing distance.
LOCK Oxford Barrier Armoured Cable Bicycle Motorbike Quad Bike Key 1.5m Security | eBay
U Shaped Bike Lock With Two Keys 1.8M Heavy Duty Cable With Bracket Bike D Lock 637405964189 | eBay
Thanks very much. Some great suggestions that are much appreciated

Lancs Lad

Sep 23, 2021
Had my first ride on the beast today. Did about 10 miles and found it to be easy to ride. I’ll do a full review in the review section after I’ve had a few more miles on it.
The only thing that doesn’t seem to be working is the thumb throttle. Not sure if it’s been knocked in transit but I’ll wait and see what Woosh say about how to remedy it. It’s not a massive problem as it’s only the kind of feature you use sparingly but it’d be nice to have it sorted.
Tried riding the bike up a couple of hills that used to have me puffing like a steam train even in my younger years and I found the motor was able to help me keep going at 13mph all the way up.
I need to remember to knock the gears down before stopping at junctions to help with quick getaways. Schoolboy error brought on by it being so easy to make progress in higher gears then forgetting how hard it is to get going from standstill for the first couple of revolutions before all the power kicks in.