Any Woosh Gran Camino owners out there?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the throttle has an on/of square button just below it.
it's on when depressed.

The picture below is from the Rambletta but the throttle is the same model.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I use a bike GPS tracking light on the extremely rare occasion that I lock up and leave my bike unattanded: D lock plus (rear wheel and frame) cable (front wheel and frame) to theoretically immovable object, "secured" by padlock. The cable is totally naff, must replace with something better. Anyway, the bike GPS tracking light has a "Shock Detection" mode, which sends me a text when it's being moved... it takes about 5 seconds for the text to arrive. If the light is moved beyond 50mph (user-defined setting) it will text me it's location - this is also handy to record a personal speed record and exactly where it happened, but it hasn't happened yet. I carry my bike into places now instead, because it folds, but it doesn't fold terribly small... so I carry a small folding trolley in my rucksack. Contained in it's black canvas bag, security guards can't object to a bike being brought in. If ever challenged - I'll say it's a wheelchair, luggage or shopping.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 23, 2021
the throttle has an on/of square button just below it.
it's on when depressed.

The picture below is from the Rambletta but the throttle is the same model.

I may have managed to miss that. I’m a fool. I will give it a go in a little while.
loving the experience so far. I have to say that the bike looks better in the flesh than the photos suggest. The Matt black finish really gives it a mean and moody vibe and is so well spec’d for the price. Good job Woosh.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
lots of people miss that button because we leave it off when shipped.

Flycaster

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
I may have managed to miss that. I’m a fool. I will give it a go in a little while.
loving the experience so far. I have to say that the bike looks better in the flesh than the photos suggest. The Matt black finish really gives it a mean and moody vibe and is so well spec’d for the price. Good job Woosh.
I did exactly the same thing, I must have pressed it when I was riding it, could not read the info about the button as no instructions came with the bike.
You are so right, it does look so much better IRL. Does look a very nice bike indeed.
Glad you're enjoying it as much as I am.

Johnorable

May 12, 2021
My bike arrived today. Got everything sorted although having a bit of trouble with the front wheel rubbing on the mudguard. Mudguard looks a bit off centre (see picture) and adjusting the screws at the rear hasn’t fixed it. I’m sure it’s probably any easy fix but I’m next to useless with bikes. Not sure if I should tinker with the bit where the mudguard and front light are to see if that helps.
Not been out on it yet as I’m waiting for the battery to charge. Hopefully give it a run tomorrow.View attachment 44541
Did you manage to fix the mudguard in the end? Had exactly the same issue, getting a lot of friction on that front wheel

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Lancs Lad

Sep 23, 2021
Did you manage to fix the mudguard in the end? Had exactly the same issue, getting a lot of friction on that front wheel
Sorry for late reply. I managed to get it a lot better by tinkering with the mudguard fittings. On the extenders and moving the rear setting slightly. It still looks slightly off centre at the front but nowhere near as bad.
On a separate point I’ve now got a slightly annoying noise when I pedal. Can’t work out if it’s coming from the crank, the rear wheel or chain. Will need to have a proper look and see if I can source it.

Reactions: Flycaster

SteveMonty

Just Joined
Jun 12, 2022
it only takes a minute to reconfigure. For you, that's the 0-7 set in the 'power set' option.
To go to the settings menu, hold both + and - buttons down for a couple of seconds.
You get to the settings menu. Hold again both + and - buttons down for a couple of seconds. You get to the advanced setting menu.
Change the settings there.
Hold the middle 'power' button down for 3 seconds to save and exit.
Although there are more choices in the new KD58C, the old manual of the KD58C is still useable.

1. larger tyres: from 27.5" x 2.0" to 27.5" x 2.15"
2. LCD: from KM529 to KD58C
The reason to change the LCD is because the KD58C lets you customise the 'power-set' in the LCD to suit your riding. You can set the number of levels and how much power for each level in pedal assist mode. The default setting is 1-5 but you can choose 0-3, 0-5,0-7,0-9 etc.
Level 0 is no assist. The throttle still works on level 0 so you can still flatten the hills.
The default for 1-5 set is 50%, 61%, 73%, 85%, 96%.
You can also change the maximum current too, between 18A-21A.
The throttle works the same as before.
what controller are you using now as the photo on your site shows a KD58C and the specifications state KM529, the reason I’m concerned is that my wife’s Santaner3 had a KM529 and at the lower levels assistance cut out way below 25km/hr ramping up to it not cutting out at the highest level, I did call in and I was sent a replacement speed controller which didn’t limit assist at the lower levels.
I’d like to buy a Gran Camino but would prefer assistance at all levels up to 25km/hr I just can’t see the point of having to have it on the highest power output to get assistance any 25km/hr
Hence the question about the controller type and would you be able to confirm that if they’re set up in the same way as the Santana3 it’s possible to modify them so that output levels are unrelated to speed

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The firmware on the Santana3 can be reflashed please email support@wooshbikes.co.uk Andy will help you. The Gran Camino has the KD58C. The KM529 does not have advanced settings.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
On a separate point I’ve now got a slightly annoying noise when I pedal. Can’t work out if it’s coming from the crank, the rear wheel or chain. Will need to have a proper look and see if I can source it.
can you email support@wooshbikes.co.uk a short sound clip?

SteveMonty

Just Joined
Jun 12, 2022
The firmware on the Santana3 can be reflashed please email support@wooshbikes.co.uk Andy will help you. The Gran Camino has the KD58C. The KM529 does not have advanced settings.
Thanks, so I’ll be able to program it to provide assist at output levels of my choice each having a cut off at 25km/hr :)

just wanted to confirm before I order

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Thanks, so I’ll be able to program it to provide assist at output levels of my choice each having a cut off at 25km/hr :)

just wanted to confirm before I order
You need to let us know when ordering , preferably by email. we have to flash your bike differently.