Anyone had an interesting ride recently ?

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Blimey that was fancy pdarnett. not much pedalling going on, on a lot of those clips.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Finally managed to visit The Kelpies and The Helix park the other day in my home town of Falkirk courtesy of my ebike...
Much as I love horses and riding them throughout the years I find these statues a bit frightening. Am I the only one on this? Sorry to offend anyone.

MS.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps

Bumbled over to Newquay, on the back roads & lanes, for a bit of shopping on Monday & this was pretty much the only vehicle I encountered until I got into the town,

The obtrusive motor noise is transmitted up through the frame to the camera mount on the handlebars - It's practically silent in real terms.

Think the alien that landed on the lens is a whiptail.

Reactions: TinKitten

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Went to the Republic of Ireland this month. The high spot (literally and eBike-wise) was a ride through the Gap of Dunloe near Killarney. You can cycle through the gap itself and put the bike on a boat for the remainder of the journey to Killarney town. It's a lot steeper in parts than the images make it look, but great fun.

View attachment 8581
How beautiful even down to the cycle resting bay.

MS.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Trip up to Bristol this weekend. Saturday saw us ride to Bath and seek out the new mile long tunnel near Midford. Total ride from Leigh Woods was about 45 miles. We took our Bromptons so there was room left for us to sleep in the van. A few pictures attached that show Clifton Bridge, outside the tunnel with our bikes and inside the tunnel.
View attachment 8114 View attachment 8115 View attachment 8116
I wish that I was there with you Jonah. Plus your bright beautiful smile tells it all:).

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
I took my Tonaro Esprit out for its second run after swapping the rear sprocket from 16 to 20 tooth, this ride was with no input from the rider other than turning the pedals to operate the PAS, speedo battery is flat, so guesstimated ride distance from Google about 14 km, a lot of steep climbing, all leds still on at end of ride.
This area is about 3 km from home in Tasmania:)
Its Spring down here and the day was a lovely sunny 25 c.

Last edited:

gordon581

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2014
Glasgow
Just getting used to having an e bike and trying to figure out just how far its safe to go. I rode to Bothwell Castle this morning on a route so full of hills I would never have attempted it before. Such a pleasure to find that country rides are no longer out of reach for me. 2014-09-23 13.06.33.jpg 2014-09-23 13.15.21.jpg

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Gosh, it's a while since I posted on here since I've been busy at work and only been riding to work everyday (15 miles). However no one else seems to have posted on this thread since I was last on. This week I have been able to fit in three longish rides (30-40 miles) and below are a couple of pictures of Padstow / the wonderful Camel Trail. We took a couple of our old favourites for a spin, a Wisper 705 and a Raleigh Leeds.
2015-04-08 Bikes on Padstow Harbour.jpg 2015-04-08 Bikes on the Camel Trail.jpg

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
Yesterday's cycle ride in pictures... in glorious sunshine started at Cadnam, through the northern edges of the New Forest towards Canada, where we first met a traffic jam as two mum's took their offspring out for a wander and root around. On through the Wellows, past Mottisfont and then a recycled Railway line (the Sprat & Winkle line) to Horsebridge railway station where there is a really great privately owned railway station complete with signal box. Sometimes in early summer and autumn they open up for cream tea on the platform on certain weekends.. Lunch was a picnic sat on an old railway bridge across the River Test at Horsebridge. Return was through Kimbridge with a great view of the River Test and Annie's Tea Room for a stop. A round trip of 32 miles, few hills in places but nothing a pedelec can't handle :)

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
Whilst out cycling yesterday saw some really neat recycling. An old, uncared for, telephone box brought back to life as a book exchange and with an area map with useful local information. It is located at the crossroads at Furzley in the New Forest and all done by the local community.There are a couple of others in the Forest, one being at Nomansland. More information at Furzley Phone Box on Facebook.
image.jpg