Anyone has experience with Cargo Bikes?

Jelmz

Just Joined
Feb 25, 2014
What do you guys think of Cargo Bikes?

Like these: Babboe.co.uk

It show some great potential for me to buy one.. but is it hard to cycle?

jhruk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
There's a review of a Velo Cargo E250, which looks similar to the Baboe, in the latest (Feb) edition of A to B Magazine.

It doesn't appear to be on their website yet, but when it is you can download it for 99p, or take a digital subscription for not a lot more.

Last edited:

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Reise & Muller do a couple of cargo bikes. Very nice looking but rather expensive. The Blue Label Transporter is cheaper but the Load (at this link) is more interesting.

Reactions: superDove

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Watching the video on this site, I realise the battle this man has in going against the flow. He certainly has vision. Doing a conversion of the price, it would seem to be about £1800. You get some useful transport for that money. I do not know if it will ever reach these shores. I have seen an electric cargo bike in our area, complete with children in the front, but have not managed to speak to the rider.

Reactions: superDove

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
I really fancy a cargo bike - I like the look of the Yuba el Mundo from Ezee.

I don't like riding trikes - they ride (and steer) very odd imho.

C

Cyclezee

I really fancy a cargo bike - I like the look of the Yuba el Mundo from Ezee.

I don't like riding trikes - they ride (and steer) very odd imho.
Hi Amigafan,

Right now we have only one remaining Yuba el Mundo in stock for £1750.

It has an orange frame and comes complete with disc brakes, wide centre stand, maple deck and matching running boards. Other Yuba accessories are available from http://www.practicalcycles.com/userimages/Yuba-Mundo-Cargo-Bike(1189623).htm

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
It's a great bike. I saw someone part way through a European tour with one last year. His was non-electric but kitted up with a sound system and dynamo to power it - they were doing storytelling workshops. Looked great.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
As you say - fun looking bikes; but that canopy presents a bit of a slab to headwinds: Would be better with the hoops running fore & aft IMHO.

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
They are designed for hauling cargo at low speeds maximum space is more important than aerodynamics, if the wind is so strong as to be an issue you could take the plastic cover off.

C

Cyclezee

Upright trikes do have their uses, but personally I prefer 2 wheels.
With 2 wheels it is much easier to avoid potholes, corner, squeeze through tight gaps and they are more aerodynamic.

Of course recumbents are a different story and can be great fun.