Anyone re- celling old battery cases.

fatts

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2009
west wales
Hi all,
I have a powabyke lithium battery case. The water bottle style early one 36v 6 or 8 amp.
My question is does anyone re pack these on this forum or company anywhere so I could send it to get done.
many thanks in advance
Fatts

C

Cyclezee

Hi fatts,

The Electric Transport Shop offer a re cell service here http://www.electricbikesales.co.uk/shop/parts-spares/common-parts-spares/lithium-polymer-battery-recell-packs/prod_704.html

e.g. they will re cell an eZee battery with 36v 10Ah Li Po for £350 and give a 1 year warranty if you send/take the old battery and give a 1 year warranty.

Cyclezee sell a new eZee 36v 11Ah battery with Sony V3 18650 cells and 2 year warranty for £350o_O

You could ask D8veh, he would probably do it for a fiver at the most;)

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Where is d8veh? Not like him to be missing.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
I can help i have a spot welder. Do you already have cells?

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
If you buy 18650 cells for you and help me with shipping cost I can spot weld + add bms to your pack

OldPedaller

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2011
Hi all,
I have a powabyke lithium battery case. The water bottle style early one 36v 6 or 8 amp.
My question is does anyone re pack these on this forum or company anywhere so I could send it to get done.
many thanks in advance
Fatts
We looked into this with that style of Powabyke battery a year or so ago, but just couldn't find replacement cells at a price that made it worthwhile.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
I like these old bike with massive battery case, and I bought one with empty cases.

With new 18650 cells you can double capacity and put a bigger motor on it.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
@cwah: I think he has the early 36V 6AH aluminium water bottle.
Like this one:

It would be easier to replace the old bottle with a new one.

Reactions: KirstinS

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Be careful - if trex is correct about which bike op has then some brushed motors and some brushless. I think they changed over in 2011 from memory

I mention only as , if it's a brushed one, then you need a pack capable of giving a constant 20a as brushed pull more amps

At least that's my understanding.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
@cwah: I think he has the early 36V 6AH aluminium water bottle.
Like this one:

It would be easier to replace the old bottle with a new one.
ouch, that is old. Better replacing completely the battery pack and motor all together..