Anyone tried one of these??

magoo

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 8, 2017
Ireland
I’m jumping the gun here as I know I need to update my last build, and I will I promise.
The next build is for my wife and a bit of a challenge which I’m looking forward to.
So the question is has any one tried this...
Q85 36V250W Roller Brake Front Driving Hub Motor

D

Deleted member 4366

I've tried the normal Q85, but not the roller brake one. Why do you want a roller brake?

magoo

May 8, 2017
Ireland
I've tried the normal Q85, but not the roller brake one. Why do you want a roller brake?
Ah d8veh, I guessed you would be first on this!!! It’s for a pashley poppy, she loves the bike but finds it v heavy. I was thinking of this motor or bbs01 as it’s drum brakes. What do you think?

D

Deleted member 4366

Iinstalled my Q85 in a 16" wheel. It was the 328 rpm one, so spinning fast in a small wheel meant a lot of power and totque. The Q100s are a bit bigger. When in a 26" or 700c wheel, they're OK, but not the most powerful motors. I would say that the Q85 in a big wheel would be OK as long asthe rider isn't too heavy, say 75kg max. You need the 36v 201 rpm version.

• Informative
Reactions: Wheel-E

magoo

May 8, 2017
Ireland
Iinstalled my Q85 in a 16" wheel. It was the 328 rpm one, so spinning fast in a small wheel meant a lot of power and totque. The Q100s are a bit bigger. When in a 26" or 700c wheel, they're OK, but not the most powerful motors. I would say that the Q85 in a big wheel would be OK as long asthe rider isn't too heavy, say 75kg max. You need the 36v 201 rpm version.
Thanks d8veh, appreciate your advice on this again