Are most people here NOT UK based

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
When posting it would be nice to know WHERE people are from so advice suited TO the location can be posted.

Why can it not be in the avatar

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
When posting it would be nice to know WHERE people are from so advice suited TO the location can be posted.

Sounds a bit racist to me!

On my gaming forum, they banned a load of guys just because they live in Russia, as if it were their fault that power hungry politicians decided to make a war.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
There are a few posters non UK based but where one lives makes little difference bar the power regulations to that particular country.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Location IS stated in the Avatar/profile for those that choose to include it - just hover over it or click the down arrow beneath it.

All the posters who have commented on this thread so far do state where they are located in their profiles... all except you that is, who I note have just newly added it into your signature.

• Agree
Reactions: DiggyGun and esuark

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
For sure, but its really up to the posters to identify thier location.

If the users location was openly displayed in their Avatar, then if they were in the UK then some posts could not be answered, since its a breach of the forum rules (that we are all subject to) to make posts which "encourages unlawful activity".

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford

Why are you asking other people to put where they live in their avatar, when you haven't even done it yopurself?

• Agree
Reactions: esuark

BillyBoy88

Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2016
Paphos Cyprus
I am in Cyprus, we are under EU regulations with 25 KM maximum speed l.
Now getting cooler for MTB, around 25. Some great trails all year round and not cold.

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
Sounds a bit racist to me!

On my gaming forum, they banned a load of guys just because they live in Russia, as if it were their fault that power hungry politicians decided to make a war.

What an IDIOT

If people ask what is best to buy how can one reply well go to Halfords if they live in the USA

THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dislike
Reactions: joelectric and Az.

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
There are a few posters non UK based but where one lives makes little difference bar the power regulations to that particular country.

No but if you "THINK" how can I or anyone suggest a particular "shop" dealer etc without knowing where they live, I am UK so someone could say use Summit Cycles Wales, pointless if they live in Australia

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
Location IS stated in the Avatar/profile for those that choose to include it - just hover over it or click the down arrow beneath it.

All the posters who have commented on this thread so far do state where they are located in their profiles... all except you that is, who I note have just newly added it into your signature.

Because again if you BOTHER to READ my signature it clearly states I have AUTISM, and just thought of the question and added it, does THAT answer your question ?:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
What an IDIOT

If people ask what is best to buy how can one reply well go to Halfords if they live in the USA

THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does he not know that Wales is over 8000 Square miles, and there are quite a few shops there?

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
No but if you "THINK" how can I or anyone suggest a particular "shop" dealer etc without knowing where they live, I am UK so someone could say use Summit Cycles Wales, pointless if they live in Australia
I wouldn't worry about it @Saracen. I can't imagine anyone is still listening to you, far less heeding any advice you may proffer.

You like to hide behind this "I've got Autism" excuse for being plain rude, don't you? Neither of my two friends on the ASD spectrum have difficulty thinking and digesting before responding. How far along that scale are you?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Cats have nearly 300 different facial expressions says US study

They're wrong. It's true that cats make different expressions with their faces, but those photos are of different cats with different faces. Some cats faces look like they're confused, others look scared and others look happy., etc. Those are just the way they look, not an expression of any emotion or feeling. They're like it nearly all the time. It's caturday today. Don't forget to post pictures.

Reactions: flecc

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I've had autistic customers. In my experience at least, comprehension of communication for them is difficult, and sentences are often expelled in abrupt short bursts which seem rude. I don't think the apparent rudeness is at all intentional, but eventually they become too difficult to do business with.

Last edited:
Reactions: FastFreddy2

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
They're wrong. It's true that cats make different expressions with their faces, but those photos are of different cats with different faces. Some cats faces look like they're confused, others look scared and others look happy., etc. Those are just the way they look, not an expression of any emotion or feeling. They're like it nearly all the time. It's caturday today. Don't forget to post pictures.

Llandudno Wisperer

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 6, 2017
North Wales
I am in Cyprus, we are under EU regulations with 25 KM maximum speed l.
Now getting cooler for MTB, around 25. Some great trails all year round and not cold.
We spend the majority of the year in Cyprus and the rest in North Wales. We too are based in the Paphos area, in Anarita. I bought an ebike in Cyprus from Ride Easy, before they had a big range and were only selling bikes put together by Jim in Limassol. During Covid I bought a Trek e bike, and I'm really pleased with it. Have done some quite long rides, from Anarita, via Ezouza Valley, to Tsada and then down to Paphos and back along the coast to Anarita and to Trozena Bridge.

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
RIP Muffin. x

Blonde long-haired Persian peke face, loved that cat... Cried in vets watching her pass on my knee with the death fluid flowing through a clear tube from an injection 20 feet away. Hard. Not been able to get another cat since. One day.

She loved to mooch too...