May 23, 2015
DSC_0668_02_01.JPG

fkn rat dogs

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
RIP Muffin. x

Blonde long-haired Persian peke face, loved that cat... Cried in vets watching her pass on my knee with the death fluid flowing through a clear tube from an injection 20 feet away. Hard. Not been able to get another cat since. One day.
Very sorry to here that. I had to have my cat put down a couple of years ago, so I know how it is. Every living being comes to the end of its life eventually. All we can do is make sure that they're happy as possible while they're alive.

FastFreddy2

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Cried in vets watching her pass on my knee with the death fluid flowing through a clear tube from an injection 20 feet away. Hard. Not been able to get another cat since. One day.
I swear my cat could understand human speech, and would innocently climb up your leg if there some chance of curry to be had. I nursed him, hand feeding him sometimes, for a year before he just about gave up eating. I had the vet come to the house, and my friend was euthanised while he was cradled in my lap. It was a shock to me how quickly he went limp. My wailing should have embarrassed me, but it didn't. I was just about as distraught as I've ever been. That was nudging on 20 years ago, and the thought of that moment still upsets me.

Like you I swore I'd never have another cat. Fate had other ideas. A relative worked at a vets, and a kitten had been brought in with suspected cat flu, a kitten that would be homed by the vet in time. It was suggested we look after the kitten for a week to make sure the vaccines worked and the kitten could rejoin some others passed to the vet for homing.

It was a dirty trick because the cat took to me very quickly. It followed me everywhere, and wanted to watch everything I did. I have pictures somewhere, of it watching me paint a wall.... If I opened up a floor void, the kitten had to go inside to look to see where it went. On day 6 of the 7 day foster period, everyone in the house knew it wasn't going anywhere.

That was about 11 years ago. What is now a 5kg bag of fluff still follows me everywhere in the house. When I come in late in the day, it doesn't matter where he is (asleep usually) he'll come down the stairs to greet me. He is treated like royalty, with it hard to imagine him having a better life, he's also brought us and me in particular, a great deal of joy.

Was it a mistake to let the kitten come here? Not for the cat. He'd already had an unpleasant start to life before he arrived, and even now, he's scared of ANY sudden noises. He has the run of the whole house, and the doors he can't open, he knows if he sits next to the closed door and meows for long enough, that door is going to get opened. Mistake for us? I sometimes think so when there's a fur-ball and his regurgitated last meal to clear up, but that thought lasts for about a minute. That thought lasted a little longer, when one of the two rats he's brought home, was still alive when he dropped it on the kitchen floor..... That was a bit traumatic. On balance I would say he's been a rewarding experience. If he goes before I do, I've possibly a thousand images/videos of him to reminisce over. If I go before him, he'll just have to wake someone else up in the early hours, for some fuss and a cuddle.

I'm not sure we're supposed to only have one close deline friend our whole life, and there's certainly plenty of them looking to be a close friend....

Last edited:

snafu

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2020
Hall End, North |Warks
The more people I meet the more I liked my cat. Sadly I had the same experience as Portals 2 weeks ago. She was a rescue cat of undetermined age, but Vets best guess based on dental examinations etc put her at 19ish when she died.

I think it's fair to say she didn't have an owner she had staff. "Fidget" was my final pet, I don't think it's fair when there is a chance the next one might possibly outlive me.

TTFN
John.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I took on rescue Tuxedo feline last xmas eve , she came with issues. Mainly over weight and cancer .
Sadly Miss Molly passed away about 8.5 months later, the poor girl decided enough was enough and one late night went out on to the patio to lay down and took her last breath.
This lady was 11 years old , she was a beautiful cat with a wonderful character . She had an aura about her and she was a bit special.

Here soon after arrival, her previous elderly owner had fed her too much.
DSCF1500.JPG

This is her after she had surgery to remove mastatic cancer growths, but the damage to her was already done .
DSCF1574.JPG

This is some months after surgery and the wounds healed.

DSCF1611.JPG

I have two other felines , both as kittens .
A red tabby male who is 13.5 years old and a soon to be 2 year old female calico tortie.

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
That's the thing about cats, even when they're know they're dying they are still incredibly elegant, beautiful, loving creatures.

Muffin was 17, one minute she seemed fine then the next she collapsed and fell off her perch in the office beside the radiator. I thought she was messing about but when went to pick her up I just knew... She couldn't drink and I'll never forget how limp her wee body was. Had to syringe in water to corner of mouth and get her to the 24hr vet. Test results next day showed kidney failure and Leukaemia, so curtains...

I wanted to bring her home and just go to bed with her and let her pass peacefully (her sneaking in to the big bed was one of her favourite things to do and she made a great fluffy hot water bottle in the winter), but vet said she would be in pain and it would not be a good death for her and that she was more comfortable in hospital on a drip sedated.

I watched this video from Russell Brand on YT, personally I cannot stand him but if you've juts lost a cat then it's worth a watch:

And thanks for the therapy, took a while before we could talk about her again.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
On at least one forum for legal matters, anyone seeking help is made to fill out a form, for clarity and to save time. One of the questions on a ebike forum form could ask which country the poster is based. Another question could be "Why on earth did you buy a Bosch?"

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: jimriley

FastFreddy2

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
I took on rescue Tuxedo feline last xmas eve , she came with issues. Mainly over weight and cancer .

Sadly Miss Molly passed away about 8.5 months later, the poor girl decided enough was enough and one late night went out on to the patio to lay down and took her last breath.
This lady was 11 years old , she was a beautiful cat with a wonderful character . She had an aura about her and she was a bit special.
You did a very good/generous thing, taking in a mature and sick cat. Actually, quite a brave thing to do too.

I'm sure Miss Molly was grateful for every minute you gave her.

Reactions: portals

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
On at least one forum for legal matters, anyone seeking help is made to fill out a form, for clarity and to save time. One of the questions on a ebike forum form could ask which country the poster is based. Another question could be "Why on earth did you buy a Bosch?"
Or to keep the thread on the trend of this eBike topic, "What pets do you have ?"

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Or to keep the thread on the trend of this eBike topic, "What pets do you have ?"
I miss my two half Siamese cats, brothers from the same litter. I would post photos but I still can't bear to think about them. They occupied the same area of my brain as small children. Died aged 15 and 18, heart disease and inoperable suspected gut tumours both.

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
That's the thing about cats, even when they're know they're dying they are still incredibly elegant, beautiful, loving creatures.

Muffin was 17, one minute she seemed fine then the next she collapsed and fell off her perch in the office beside the radiator. I thought she was messing about but when went to pick her up I just knew... She couldn't drink and I'll never forget how limp her wee body was. Had to syringe in water to corner of mouth and get her to the 24hr vet. Test results next day showed kidney failure and Leukaemia, so curtains...

I wanted to bring her home and just go to bed with her and let her pass peacefully (her sneaking in to the big bed was one of her favourite things to do and she made a great fluffy hot water bottle in the winter), but vet said she would be in pain and it would not be a good death for her and that she was more comfortable in hospital on a drip sedated.

I watched this video from Russell Brand on YT, personally I cannot stand him but if you've juts lost a cat then it's worth a watch:

And thanks for the therapy, took a while before we could talk about her again.
If you’re experiencing pet-related grief you can call our free and confidential phone line on 0800 024 94 94

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Reactions: portals