Argos Bargain

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
Battery size ?

• 18 miles per full charge.
Is that all, not a morning out let alone a day, probably in reality 10-12 at best

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
1.55kg battery and 4 hour charge time. Slightly more than 200Wh at a guess. That and the rear V brake would have me looking elsewhere or at least waiting until after mince pie time ends.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Battery size ?

• 18 miles per full charge.
Is that all, not a morning out let alone a day, probably in reality 10-12 at best
1.55kg battery and 4 hour charge time. Slightly more than 200Wh at a guess. That and the rear V brake would have me looking elsewhere or at least waiting until after mince pie time ends.
You can do the same as the guys with Swytch kits. Add an extender battery, then you have the best of both: You only have 1.5kg battery when you want to go to the shops, your friend's house, the local court to answer a summons and things like that; and you can add a bigger battery when you want to do your 200 mile weekend ride.

Light bikes are alway nicer to ride than heavy ones. My road bike's battery weighs 0kg and it can do 80 mile rides without recharging, and it does it quicker than my electric bike.

Reactions: robert44