Average shipping cost from China to UK?

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
If you're not after anything specific, maybe start with a new frame from here (UK supplier - many items are surplus stock etc), a quick look says their frames for mid-mount motors start under £90 ;) I keep thinking about one of their cruiser fames just to use up some part i have :cool:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes, I’ve been reading about this today. Like many, I had no idea of the complexities of trying to import a bike from China. Shame, I’ve seen some really appealing bafang equipped cargo bikes that have caught my eye.

I gather Brompton, friends to various politicians, are the ones firmly behind the ebike anti dumping tariffs.

I would have thought affordable Cargo bikes would have been the tipping point for many to invest and leave the car at home, which is apparently what HMGov want. I wonder if Gilligan and Johnston will remove it over the next year?

Meanwhile I’ll drool over the array of steeds on Alibaba. I don’t suppose you’d fancy sourcing something similar for your outlet Woosh ?! :)
Your example bike is £659.55,with all the duty paid the min price would be £1,466.57. The figure would need adjusting up if the delivery charge was known.

Reactions: PhilMK42

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Meanwhile I’ll drool over the array of steeds on Alibaba. I don’t suppose you’d fancy sourcing something similar for your outlet Woosh ?!
I am still waiting for delivery of bikes I ordered last August.
Supply situation is totally dire.
Best solution is to convert a locally sourced bike.