Badassbox

Lordlinley

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 28, 2022
Hi guys pls help I wanna derestrict my bike scott aspect eride 950 I’ve had the speedbox 3.0 but I only have the Bosch active line plus motor which only has very tiny space for wires I also have a tracker so even Less room I have to take my bike in for some warranty work so have taken speed chip out I don’t wanna re fit it as it’s pure hassle so I purchased an badassbox4 which wrong one was sent out my speed sensor is slightly sunk into frame so the supplier is now saying I maybe not be able to have a badassbox so please guys if u know this bike can u advise

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you will have to remove the sensor from the frame and mount it in a different place and put the magnet on the spokes if it is on the disc rotor.

Lordlinley

Mar 28, 2022
For some reason it won’t let me send photos the guy from the store has just rang to say I need a universal adaptor for the speed sensor which he is sending out but with speed sensor unscrewed I have very limited wire I can just about flip it around 180degrees

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
all you need to do is get it so the magnet passes over it but you can get a new sensor with a longer cable if needed.

Lordlinley

Mar 28, 2022
So it doesn’t matter where mounted as long as magnet can pass it and I guess magnet needs to be kinda close to sensor

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yes as long as the magnet passes over the dongle it will work they put the sensors in the frame like that to stop you using these things but it is a simple fix most of the time and just move the sensor where you can mount the dongle over it.

Lordlinley

Mar 28, 2022
Thank u for your help u have been amazing hopefully the adapter arrives tommoro and fits easily I’ve searched for videos etc but my bikes seems to be the odd one out never any videos on active line plus so when I tried installing my speedbox3 chip everyone said it’s easy and showed videos but was off a different motor

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
a m8 has a canyon ebike and they done the same sort of thing and put the magnet on the disc rotor but just pulled out the sensor and used a adaptor like you also need and works just fine.