Bafang 30H code

laphroiag2005

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 4, 2022
I recently fitted a bafang 500w wheel into the rear of my scooter. I have only used and connected the throttle and display unit to the controller as I didn't need the pedal assist, light or brake levers. When I first powered it up the display came on for a short while then went off and I got a flashing 30H. I was advised to check all the connections and make sure the cables weren't being pinched. I even connected the brake levers, pedal assist and light to see if they might be the problem not being connected.

It all powered up perfectly so I removed the brake levers, pedal assist and light which I did power up. I took it for a short spin and it worked perfect.
I then left it for a short while but when I went back to it the 30H code reappeared. I went down the route of disconnecting / reconnecting the cables again and even added the brake lever, pedal assist and light again but nothing no power to the wheel. The headlight shows it should be on via the display but there's no power even getting to the light.

So I'm now at a loss as I've done everything I've been told regarding the cables, checking the pins etc so what else could be giving me a problem

Items fitted are bafang 48v 500w front wheel, 800s display unit, controller that came with kit and a fully charged 48v 20ah battery.

Thanks for any advice or help guys