Bafang 750w

Wafty Cranker

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 4, 2021
Hello again, I’m contemplating buying a Bafang 750w mid drive and believe the physical size is the same as the 250w motor which got me thinking what identification marks do they display to show which is which ? Can you see where I’m heading with this ? Thanks Wafty.

D

Deleted member 33385

Hello again, I’m contemplating buying a Bafang 750w mid drive and believe the physical size is the same as the 250w motor which got me thinking what identification marks do they display to show which is which ? Can you see where I’m heading with this ? Thanks Wafty.

My BBS01b motor has "36V 250W", faintly printed on along the bottom. Some people on this forum have mentioned 750W motors printed as 250W, but I have no idea who sells them.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id get the 1000w hd one and turn it up because they are all not road legal in the uk because you can change the power and speed settings with the data cable and some displays i think so classed as a off road switch.

you will only have a problem if you kill someone apart from that you wont have a problem the police wont chase you i over took a meat wagon the other day going 30mph on the pavement not interested!

Appeal to trace man who outran police on electric scooter
He has made off from police on 'multiple occasions.'

:p

Reactions: Wafty Cranker
D

Deleted member 33385

id get the 1000w hd one and turn it up because they are all not road legal in the uk because you can change the power and speed settings with the data cable and some displays i think so classed as a off road switch.

you will only have a problem if you kill someone apart from that you wont have a problem the police wont chase you i over took a meat wagon the other day going 30mph on the pavement not interested!

Appeal to trace man who outran police on electric scooter
He has made off from police on 'multiple occasions.'

:p

HOLY HELL!!! How has he hacked that?!?!?!? o_O

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: pentiumofborg
D

Deleted member 33385

Yep, my battery can't cope with the BBS01b sometimes on some inclines, so I keep it on PAS 8 rather than it's max of 9 - cuts out but doesn't burst into flames.

D

Deleted member 33385

If you're ever in a survival situation and your phone has died - just stab the battery with a knife or bash it with a rock and cover it with some kindling... you'll soon have a fire.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

you can make that in to a 18650 hand grenade as it has no short circuit protection on the pcb so if you put in 1 cell the wrong way round it will blow up all the cells in the pack.

tho you would need to reinforce the 4 springs as they melt so i guess it has a bit of protection lol they do a 6 cell one as well as used them for my old lights.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The 250w one is not the same size as the 750w one. The mountings and reduction system are the same, but the 750w one has a wider motor because it hs bigger windings with thicker wire. The two motors and controllers are interchangeable, so it's possible to have a motor officially marked 250w, but with the 750 motor and controller.

The high power 250w version is actually a differently stamped 500w one, which runs at 36v and 25 amps instead of the standard 36v and 15 amps of the 250w one that can be turned up to 18A in the software.

Reactions: pentiumofborg
D

Deleted member 33385

The 250w one is not the same size as the 750w one. The mountings and reduction system are the same, but the 750w one has a wider motor because it hs bigger windings with thicker wire. The two motors and controllers are interchangeable, so it's possible to have a motor officially marked 250w, but with the 750 motor and controller.

The high power 250w version is actually a differently stamped 500w one, which runs at 36v and 25 amps instead of the standard 36v and 15 amps of the 250w one that can be turned up to 18A in the software.

My BBS01b is set at 20A in software, I might turn that down to 18 because it occasionally struggles at max PAS 9 on some hills.

Wafty Cranker

Mar 4, 2021
My BBS01b motor has "36V 250W", faintly printed on along the bottom. Some people on this forum have mentioned 750W motors printed as 250W, but I have no idea who sells them.
Interesting that, bit if wet &dry and a waft over with a rattle can maybe. Thanks

Wafty Cranker

Mar 4, 2021

Thanks, l though they used same casing. Learning all the time !

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Use Google to search for pictures of the narkings before you think that a bit of wet and dry and a rattle can will sort it.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The markings are etched in quite deeply, you will need a Dremel type tool to grind off any such marks and the surrounding ali casing.