Bafang BBS standard throttle switch

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
image.jpeg Hi it's been a while since I have posted. I.e. Been too busy enjoying my Ebike..anyway my bbs01b system with its Chinese 15ah battery has been faultless apart from me worrying about how waterproof this throttle switch is..has anyone had one of these apart and is there a good way to waterproof it..bike works perfect without it but sometimes it's nice to have..

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
Had two of those, one stuck, the other fell to bits, replaced them with twist-grip type. Don`t think you could waterproof those anyway.
Thanks Tommie
I've not had any problems with it but I have herd people say they are crap..certainly on the waterproof side..I didn't want to fit a twist type as I don't use it that often..but I don't think there's a way to make this waterproof and I certainly don't want it shorting out what with all the rain with been having.

russ18uk

Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2018
Hopefully I'll get my BBSHD next week as I ordered one during 11/11 sales. I'll look into whether it's easy to open and coat the leads and metal slider with nail varnish.

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
Hopefully I'll get my BBSHD next week as I ordered one during 11/11 sales. I'll look into whether it's easy to open and coat the leads and metal slider with nail varnish.
Hi Russ as I'm not using this I'm going to open this up and have a look..nothing ventured nothing gained..
If it's do able I will post it up..

russ18uk

Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2018
Cool. Post some pics. I'm sure I'll use a twist throttle after a while as I'm used to using one on my current ride.

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Ok so I have striped the throttle down...not a lot to it..and the only thing that can short if it gets wet is the sensor..yes I've managed to pull one of the wires off..a bit of soldering needed there I think..but as far as I can see if the sensor connections are well waterproofed and the plug the other end is well sealed this throttle shouldn't give a problem if it get a wet...

Reactions: russ18uk

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Hi Jim
Is the metal on the twist a magnet or is it an optical sensor
Just a quick coat of varnish and some silicone or the hot glue gun should seal the cable as it goes in amazed how little is involved

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
Hi Jim
Is the metal on the twist a magnet or is it an optical sensor
Just a quick coat of varnish and some silicone or the hot glue gun should seal the cable as it goes in amazed how little is involved
HI Pete yer I've sorted it with some nail varnish.resoldered the wire I broke ..it's one of those cheap bafang magnet jobs..but now it's all sealed up should be ok. Well hopefully.. Bikes been working great..apart from I need to get a bling ring ..the old chain ring is a bit worn..

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Got the last one from Brighton bikes fast postal service but not cheap make sure you do not go below 42 teeth as it will not align
the garage is full of part built projects and fat bike parts do you know a local wheel builder ? [have got two rims and hubs ] I need built for the fat trike

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
Got the last one from Brighton bikes fast postal service but not cheap make sure you do not go below 42 teeth as it will not align
the garage is full of part built projects and fat bike parts do you know a local wheel builder ? [have got two rims and hubs ] I need built for the fat trike
Gotta do like I do and build ya own...it's not that difficult..plenty of info on the web. You need a set of old forks with a slide attachment for truing them up.i need a 46 tooth bling I think..that's what's on it.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Best wheel builders in Brighton are Baker Street bikes , well known by other bike shop around here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

francis janssen

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 18, 2017
Epsom
We do a cheaper alternative to the bling ring. Our supplier says from the same factory, all I know is they work, last and our much cheaper. Unfortunately only in red!