Bafang BBS01 Spider questions

whiteturbo

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2016
Bristol UK
Hi,simple question, if i get the spider adapter can i fit a double clanger on the front. I'm already using the front derailleur(fixed) as a guide to stop the chain coming off when on the big cog but still can only get 7 out of 8 gears.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Yes.

You may need to modify the reach of your derailleur, I know I have to. My derailleur at the mo is a glove in the pannier. When I arrive at the bottom of a mountain pass I stop and grab the chain and put it on the 32 tooth chainwheel, stop at the top and...:)

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I am lucky, I live in a civilised country :) I have tried to strike a balance between a bike that looks good enough to me and yet not worth stealing... It is always locked and left in places where the cost/profit ratio is at the bike thief's disadvantage.

I would buy again and try not to fry the internal PAS this time... :oops: I might even consider one with the internal controller. But that said with my late in life mid-life crisis a 25 Amp 36 V 250 W BBS02 would probably win in the end. There is something about having 720 real Watts at the back wheel that is hard to resist.