Bafang BBS01b throttle speed test - Dahon Helios P8 (old version)

• Thread starter Deleted member 33385
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 33385

I am not Kendo Nagasakiii, but he has an identical bike to mine - Dahon Helio P8 (the old P8) with a 250w 36V Bafang BBS01b, which weighs just under 20kg with a 19.2ah battery. Coincidentally - Kendo is exactly my weight, having lost over 2.5 stones. Kendo Nagasakiii has no wish to become like his very fat arch enemy: Giant Haystacks. During Kendo's one-off speed run using just the throttle (and a bit of a hill), he attained the dizzying speed of 31.1 mph, until he was interrupted by traffic lights, and a car overtaking him to those red lights. Kendo's bike has 52T chainring to 11T. He said that his max speed was limited by gears, not torque. Kendo also protested that he was limited by length of road... acceleration was very slow - it took him a quarter mile to get to 31.1mph:

You'd never catch me doing anything like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimriley

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
I am not Kendo Nagasakiii, but he has an identical bike to mine - Dahon Helio P8 (the old P8) with a 250w 36V Bafang BBS01b, which weighs just under 20kg with a 19.2ah battery. Coincidentally - Kendo is exactly my weight, having lost over 2.5 stones. Kendo Nagasakiii has no wish to become like his very fat arch enemy: Giant Haystacks. During Kendo's one-off speed run using just the throttle (and a bit of a hill), he attained the dizzying speed of 31.1 mph, until he was interrupted by traffic lights, and a car overtaking him to those red lights. Kendo's bike has 52T chainring to 11T. He said that his max speed was limited by gears, not torque. Kendo also protested that he was limited by length of road... acceleration was very slow - it took him a quarter mile to get to 31.1mph:

Tail wind and full moon in the grounds of the stately home, Officer ;-)

• :D
Reactions: pentiumofborg

shed

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2021

Kendo Nagasaki....now that's a memory. Good ol days of Sat afternoon wrestling with Kent Walton and the pantomime wrestling of Mick McManus, Jackie Pallo, Les Kellett, The Royale Brothers (the only ones that looked like they might be fit enough to be proper wrestlers), Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks.

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
Kendo Nagasaki....now that's a memory. Good ol days of Sat afternoon wrestling with Kent Walton and the pantomime wrestling of Mick McManus, Jackie Pallo, Les Kellett, The Royale Brothers (the only ones that looked like they might be fit enough to be proper wrestlers), Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks.
Around 70/72 my bro and I used to go and watch live wrestling, in local halls. Some.proper wresting, some a lot of cod, for entertainment. I remember , on two evenings, a guy playing the victim and Mr Nasty in different places. All good fun. Ask him ref, ask him!

D

Deleted member 33385

Saturday afternoon TV... when we used to watch obesity being useful - now it's cookery programmes, followed by news of obesity being problematic.

Anticipation was high, because the buildup to this bout went on for weeks:

Those were great performances sometimes. Certainly doesn't look like the easiest of jobs.

The Kendo Nagasakiii that I know, is a cousin twice removed - but he came back!

D

Deleted member 33385

You could get 120 mph if you throw it off Beachy Head.

Kendo Nagasakiii would have to add yet another "i" at the end of his name, if he ever came back from that one.