Bafang BBS02 48v 750w software parameters?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Eclipse are being elusive (again) in providing info on how their latest batch of Bafang BBS02 48v 750w units are programmed.
Two more e-mails unanswered :mad:

I want to know as much about the kit I've bought, as I can, and I don't think it would be unreasonable to let a customer know basic info like this.

If anyone has read the controller software as it came from Eclipse, then please post the info here. Thanks.

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
Well, it's not really basic info as they generally aren't meant to be programmed. Also I don't believe Eclipse know how they are programmed themselves - when I was speaking to them they had been given a file to run to flash software onto the controllers but they didn't know anything about the parameters we can change with the software and cable at our disposal. Are you anywhere near Surrey, in which case come over and I'll connect up to your drive for you.

Michael

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Well, it's not really basic info as they generally aren't meant to be programmed. Also I don't believe Eclipse know how they are programmed themselves - when I was speaking to them they had been given a file to run to flash software onto the controllers but they didn't know anything about the parameters we can change with the software and cable at our disposal. Are you anywhere near Surrey, in which case come over and I'll connect up to your drive for you.

Michael
I can get hold of the factory programmed specs quite easily. The reason I wanted Eclipse to send me the info, is that I knew that the batch they were sent, came programmed wrong. This will be the flash you are talking about.

I thought that they would have to program the controller manually, and not just flash the controller without seeing any info. Like this interface:

Screenshot 2014-04-23 07.40.38.png

I'm not after reprogramming anything, as I like it the way it is. I just want to have a better understanding of how each PAS level is set, so that I can make an informed decision on which gear might be the best for any given terrain.

Lived in Epsom many years ago, but now a plastic mackem lol

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
Indeed, that's the software I have but Eclipse didn't seem to - at least when I was describing it they didn't seem familiar with it at all. When my motor came back they said they had flashed the latest software they had onto it, but the firmware was still registering as the same (notably it was a different firmware version to that I've seen anywhere else, version "V2.A.M.t"). I don't think how mine was programmed will help you find out about yours I'm afraid, as mine is a 250W BBS01.

Michael

Last edited:

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I don't think how mine was programmed will help you find out about yours I'm afraid, as mine is a 250W BBS01.
No problem Michael, thank you for letting me know why Eclipse might not have the info I need :)