Bafang CST 180mm, bolt problem

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Hi all,

Could anyone please advise me what the washer order ought to be for this rear wheel install? I seem to have several washers too many in the kit. The two photos I'm about to post will show what I've got. What's on the bike seems to be a bit too few (see the gap).

Thanks!

Jonathan

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the anti torque washer goes between frame and motor.

Reactions: jonathan75

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Thanks Trex. Then I'll have two extra washers left over though (the ones installed in the photo). That's not a problem?
The order of the washers is right in this picture, just add the antitorque washer between the frame and the motor and you are good to go:

on the non drive side, replace the washer next to the motor with the anti torque.

You have to make sure that the motor axle is completely seated inside the opening before tightening the axle bolts.

D

Deleted member 4366

If you have a brake disc, you need a washer between the anti-rotation washer and the nut in that photo, otherwise the disc won't line up with the caliper.

You should file your drop-outs to allow the axle to fit properly. The different diameter of the axle holds it off at the top, which adds to the 1mm difference in the position of the centre of the axle. The end result is that the centre of the axle is at least 2mm lower and the anti-rotation washer might not be in the drop-out. I normally file the drop-outs deeper to re-centralise the axle.

It looks like your anti-rotation washers are the wrong way round in the photo. The tab should be in the open part of the drop-out. The cable should exit downwards.

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
If you have a brake disc, you need a washer between the anti-rotation washer and the nut in that photo, otherwise the disc won't line up with the caliper.

You should file your drop-outs to allow the axle to fit properly. The different diameter of the axle holds it off at the top, which adds to the 1mm difference in the position of the centre of the axle. The end result is that the centre of the axle is at least 2mm lower and the anti-rotation washer might not be in the drop-out. I normally file the drop-outs deeper to re-centralise the axle.

It looks like your anti-rotation washers are the wrong way round in the photo. The tab should be in the open part of the drop-out. The cable should exit downwards.
Just saw this - thanks D8veh. They look like anti-rotation washers upside down,as the thickness is very similar, but they're just ordinary circular ones. I've got some anti-rotation ones standing by.

If an extra washer between the above washer (well actually an anti-rotation washer) and nut is required, how thick would you recommend it be please?

D

Deleted member 4366

Persevere and suddenly it will unravel. 2mm for the washer - standard 12mm flat washer like what you have.