Bag kits for Brompton

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The new kits are supplied with a bag. You can still ride in the rain.
Key advanatages: lightweight, preserve the folding mechanism and luggage block.
They do not come with lock and keys like before but installation is now simpler.
There are 3 cables coming out of the bag: PAS, LCD and motor.
You fit the PAS, LCD, replace the front wheel with a motor wheel and connect up.
There are two models: 36V 10AH good for about 30-35 miles and 36V 15AH good for about 50 miles.
These kits are about the most efficient weightwise for the range that they are capable of.
Pricing:
with 36V10AH £499
with 36V 15AH: £599
Available frpm 03-Jan-2023 when we get back to work.

Picture below is of the 36V 10AH

Ocsid

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2017
Hampshire
Are the Brompton brake levers replaced?

They just don't look anything like ours [2022], but I am aware they have used different ones, both in previous times and still in various 2022 models.

Grebacwhite

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2020
Are the Brompton brake levers replaced?

They just don't look anything like ours [2022], but I am aware they have used different ones, both in previous times and still in various 2022 models.
The Brompton in their photo is the B75 base model which uses older components like levers, handlebars, gears etc. Newer Brompton’s have updated components.
They‘re great bikes aren’t they! I got a 2019 M3L Brompton.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
You might think this an odd question, but is your kit plug compatible with the front wheel motor that would be fitted on a Swytch Brompton conversion ?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it has a standard 9-pin motor connector (3 phases, 3 hall sensors and speed sensor) so it should be able to run with any motor fitted with the same connector.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
it has a standard 9-pin motor connector (3 phases, 3 hall sensors and speed sensor) so it should be able to run with any motor fitted with the same connector.
OK thanks.

I do like my Swytch Electric Brompton, so handy for shopping and stuff, I keep it by the front door. So useful do I find it that I have been thinking for a while to have a 'spare' setup ready to hand in case there was an issue with the current setup.

Do you know how much weight your conversion adds to a Brompton ?

Are spare batteries available ?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
just under 3kgs

yes.
Thanks, I will await it appearing on the Website.

I do like to think ahead and find my Swytchified Brompton so handy, that I would like a spare setup, and battery, ready to hand. Another Swytch setup is maybe not the way to go, given the fold issues with that setup.

And I keep hoping someone might steal (sic) my current Brompton which would force me to buy a new Titanium one, at circa 8kg ................

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
And I keep hoping someone might steal (sic) my current Brompton which would force me to buy a new Titanium one, at circa 8kg ................
You can be quite sure someone will steal your Titanium Brompton if you ever get one.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Shouldn't be hard to manage.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
You can be quite sure someone will steal your Titanium Brompton if you ever get one.
Get mugged you mean ?

That one of the issues I guess, the T-Line Brompton does look real expensive, and light so easy to run off with, even folded.

Whereas my current (20 year old) one does look a bit battered and aged.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
they are available now. I will update the Woosh website tomorrow.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Get mugged you mean ?

That one of the issues I guess, the T-Line Brompton does look real expensive, and light so easy to run off with, even folded.

Whereas my current (20 year old) one does look a bit battered and aged.
1. Photograph rust spots.

2. Ask a commercial print shop to size and print them onto sheets of clear vinyl wrap.

3. Cut out and stick those onto your titanium frame at visually disappealing locations.

Reactions: jimriley

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
In times gone by, I had a custom built Reynolds 531 double butted frame, with sloping forks, the bees knees of road bikes at the time. After a crash (not my fault) I had it repaired and re-sprayed.

It looked so good, brand new shiny, expensive, that it was an obvious target, there were very few fancy bikes on the road then.

So to make it look 'ordinary' I painted it with red and blue matt hamerite, did not look so good then.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
So to make it look 'ordinary' I painted it with red and blue matt hamerite, did not look so good then.
Paint could flake off superflexy titanium tube, adding to the uglfication effect...

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
Thanks, I will await it appearing on the Website.

I do like to think ahead and find my Swytchified Brompton so handy, that I would like a spare setup, and battery, ready to hand. Another Swytch setup is maybe not the way to go, given the fold issues with that setup.

W3W address of your regular parking spot please? Happy to help. :D

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh and guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Many small balls and streaks of snot-coloured superglue+baking soda, could adhere well.