Batribike Quartz Successor

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
My 13 year old Batribike Quartz SE Folder now has a worthy successor . I intended to purchase the NCM Paris Folder about 6 years ago but the model was so popular it was out of stock and I bought a mid drive Dapu powered Pro Rider with 700 mm wheels instead . The NCM Folder at the time was £1199 . Well recently a friend was looking for an E Folder and on googling the usual Folders like Hit bike , Samebike etc ., the NCM Paris Folder was there and even cheaper than 5 years ago at nearly half price until midnight on August 21st . It normally sells for £1299 and now down to £699 .
Well the lady ordered one and it arrived in under 2 days carriage free via DPD .
Well I couldn`t resist and bought one as well and it arrived today , two days after ordering . It is by the same Manufacturer as the Batribike , Leisger of Hanover designed , now called Leon and made in Vietnam not China . The QUARTZ has been 100% reliable and only required two new rims and re-celling by Jimmy , apart from the usual brake blocks and tyres . I went for a 10 mile ride tonight and it`s a solid nippy machine and I am very pleased with it . If it lasts as long as the Batribike Quartz I will be 96 then !
The moral of this saga is if you want a quality Folder at half price strike within the next five days , www.leoncycle.co.uk will show the details .

Last edited:
Reactions: joelectric

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I've been to the Leisger factory. It's in China. The Guy that owns it is called Ding, and he's a right nutter, but quite clever too. I didn't know Battribikes were made there. That must be sonething new because they use to be made in the Sevenstar factory.