Battery connection

Brian Mead

Just Joined
Jun 27, 2021
Marston Moretaine
I have a LaGrande electric bike which has a faulty battery connection and locking unit.
Unfortunately no longer have keys to permit removal of battery, can anyone tell me if this part can be renewed?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Bike bought from Ideal World. Keys lost and battery never quite locked into place properly hence the enquiry as to whether the locking part can be replaced.
Can't you just show a picture of your actual battery? You guys never help us to help you. Why post a grainy expansion of some catalogue thumbnail with most of it missing?

Brian Mead

Just Joined
Jun 27, 2021
Marston Moretaine
Can't you just show a picture of your actual battery? You guys never help us to help you. Why post a grainy expansion of some catalogue thumbnail with most of it missing?
Nothing wrong with battery just the part that it connects to with the keys, that’s why the picture only shows that part.

FJC71

Pedelecer
Mar 1, 2020
I have a LaGrande electric bike which has a faulty battery connection and locking unit.
Unfortunately no longer have keys to permit removal of battery, can anyone tell me if this part can be renewed?
The obvious question is this still under warranty, there is obviously a fault that may be rectifiable under the original warranty ie the failure of the connection.

As you've lost the keys you will need to go back to e life to see if you can get replacement keys or spare parts to repair, assuming you haven't already been down this path.

After that you have few options. I found this thread:
Elife La Grande electric bike battery carrier | Pedelecs - Electric Bike Community.

You could try tracking down the original manufacturer to see if you can get a bit further with the parts situation.

If that does not yield a solution you would be looking at replacing the battery with another type, you would need to investigate that further which would best suit your bike but it will be costly.

Lastly leave it as it is (if you can still charge and use it).

Reactions: Bovinelufe