Help! battery controller,.

keith zelecs

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2023
HI all new here, I cannot work out where my battery controller is as need to upgrade battery for distance, it is rear brushless hub and wondering if it was in there, or fixed in with the battery ? s-l1600.jpg

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
It could be at the bottom of the battery holder. Take the battery off and you may find a compartment just below where the battery slides on. The compartment is probably secured by a few screws.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The battery doesn't have a controller. Do you mean the motor controller, which sits in the base of your battery - the thing that stays on the frame when you take the battery off?

If you get exactly the same type of battery case with your new one, it'll be plug and play; however, there are three different but similar cases and three different connectors, so 5 possibilities to get that wrong and one to get it right. Check the pictures carefully to make sure the bases and connectors are exactly the same.

Other than that, you can get a new independent controller that you can stick in an under-saddle toolbag, then you can use any battery you want.

keith zelecs

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2023
It could be at the bottom of the battery holder. Take the battery off and you may find a compartment just below where the battery slides on. The compartment is probably secured by a few screws.
yes there is a compartment there, so to upgrade the battery to a tringle one do i need a another controller.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
yes there is a compartment there, so to upgrade the battery to a tringle one do i need a another controller.
Yes, unless you leave the base in place, find a matching connector and make some sort of cover for it that blocks the rain from getting in.

Nearly all the ebike fires shown in videos seem to have triangle batteries in bags. Be careful!!!!!

Reactions: keith zelecs

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I don't understand why people like to overcomplicate things so much...
You probably have 10Ah battery and all what you need is to replace it with higher capacity one. No need to change controller or battery shape.

Reactions: keith zelecs

keith zelecs

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2023
The battery doesn't have a controller. Do you mean the motor controller, which sits in the base of your battery - the thing that stays on the frame when you take the battery off?

If you get exactly the same type of battery case with your new one, it'll be plug and play; however, there are three different but similar cases and three different connectors, so 5 possibilities to get that wrong and one to get it right. Check the pictures carefully to make sure the bases and connectors are exactly the same.

Other than that, you can get a new independent controller that you can stick in an under-saddle toolbag, then you can use any battery you want.
yes the motor controller as was going to put a triangle battery on and the bike i was sold has a 1000w motor but if i can upgrade to a much better battery with the same holdall that would b great,

keith zelecs

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2023
Yes, unless you leave the base in place, find a matching connector and make some sort of cover for it that blocks the rain from getting in.

Nearly all the ebike fires shown in videos seem to have triangle batteries in bags. Be careful!!!!!
thankyou for your advice i will ponder on it and have a look around now because off the great advice ,i was never given a Manuel on the bike and some one has found it for me fantastic group,

keith zelecs

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2023

keith zelecs

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2023

yes thats a good prospect for me thx

keith zelecs

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2023

Attachments

keith zelecs

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2023
this is the only information on the battery looks like 350w if i am right not sure bit confused now. if so i was sold some thing different.