Battery for Cyclotricity Stealth

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Without a full view of the triangle hard to say.

Clearly the new base plate needs fitting and the connectors sorting out.

I would remove the old base plate and offer up the new battery plus plate to see if it physically fits the space first, and go from there.

Trevor Appleton

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2017
North Yorkshire Moors
They reckon it will but even if it did the connectors are different. Coming out of the battery holder currently is one twin pinned connector but coming out of the new battery are 2 cables with seperate connectors.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
They reckon it will but even if it did the connectors are different. Coming out of the battery holder currently is one twin pinned connector but coming out of the new battery are 2 cables with seperate connectors.
Simple job to fit the two pin connector from the old base to the new. Just be careful to get the polarity right.

I would cut off the connector and sufficient cable from the old base, cut off the bullet connectors from the new one, and solder the old wires to the new. Then cover with several layers of heat shrink.

You will probably be able to find someone local with soldering skills if you are not comfortable doing this yourself.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I'm rubbish at soldering, but one think when soldering cables is to make sure there is a really robust mechanical connection before you solder it. Don't rely on the solder to hold two things together.