battery help

dazzer10

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 18, 2020
I got a new 48V 17.5Ah Hailong eBike Battery Samsung 35E Cells 3A when i press the power button button the front lights pm the battery flash quick on and off , There was know manual but when i put it on charge the light on the charger is on and the fan but know lights on the battery come on , Just wondering if i am doing something wrong or if this is a bad battery ?

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I got a new 48V 17.5Ah Hailong eBike Battery Samsung 35E Cells 3A when i press the power button button the front lights pm the battery flash quick on and off , There was know manual but when i put it on charge the light on the charger is on and the fan but know lights on the battery come on , Just wondering if i am doing something wrong or if this is a bad battery ?
Could even be a bad charger.
To help find out what is wrong, you will probably need a reasonable accurate multi meter....and know how to use it and how to not cause dangerous shorts with the test leads....
regards
Andy

dazzer10

Dec 18, 2020
To help find out what is wrong, you will probably need a reasonable accurate multi meter....and know how to use it and how to not cause dangerous shorts with the test leads....
regards
Andy
I do have a multi meter i can use but it don't know much about these battery , its new only got it yesterday .

dazzer10

Dec 18, 2020
regards
Andy
reading charger is 54.92v battery read 50.06v motor cables 50.06v

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The battery doesn't have a motor wire! I think you need to show photos of what you're doing. Nothing makes sense.

dazzer10

Dec 18, 2020
The battery doesn't have a motor wire! I think you need to show photos of what you're doing. Nothing makes sense.
sorry your right when i said motor wires i mean the wires that power the motor are 2.928v on and 50.06 v off , and the 3 pin power is 50.06v

dazzer10

Dec 18, 2020
I don't know much about theses type of batteries but i noticed its gone from 50v to 51.99v i have got it left on charge to see, there are know lights coming on from the battery and i am sure they are green and red light to show the charging state so maybe if i leave it on charge it will eventually start to show.