battery mat help

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
anyone here knows best way to keep this rubber mat down on top of battery. I don't mean stuck hard. as need to keep taking out the battery each time for charging. I have tried Strong Velcro. But it seemed to come off after a while the picture isn't that good I'm afraid as took it from my profile

18047.jpg

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Yes could give them a try. But like I said I have to remove cover each time to remove the battery as I can’t charge it when on moped. Would they stay stuck. I have tried strong Velcro but that came off after 3 try’s of removing battery

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it locks together like velcro but a lot stronger i have a 4 way adaptor on the wall with 4 phone charges in it and can pull it off the wall and put it back on with a hard push.

on the back it says if you use 4 on a pic frame and 4 on the wall it can hold 7.2kg

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
it locks together like velcro but a lot stronger i have a 4 way adaptor on the wall with 4 phone charges in it and can pull it off the wall and put it back on with a hard push.

on the back it says if you use 4 on a pic frame and 4 on the wall it can hold 7.2kg
Well on Amazon they charge another £5 on top for postage. So looked on eBay and found some heavy duty ones so ordered 2 packs And it’s free PP

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they sell them in the supermarkets so easy to nick them lol

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
they sell them in the supermarkets so easy to nick them lol
Well is it really stealing them. It’s a bit like someone going into Poundland and stealing 1 x £1 item and believe me I have seen office workers and even high up people steal from Poundland. I mean FFS if you gonna steal make sure it’s a top class jewellers make it worth it then

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Billy shock horror :eek: we have a new erider member, have you noticed :p.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Well is it really stealing them. It’s a bit like someone going into Poundland and stealing 1 x £1 item and believe me I have seen office workers and even high up people steal from Poundland. I mean FFS if you gonna steal make sure it’s a top class jewellers make it worth it then
they cant get plod involved unless it is worth more than 250 quid but my mum nicks them in her mobility scooter esp the batts there a fkn rip off these days esp rechargeable ones.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Why not simply make an extension power lead, so that you do not have to remove the rubber mat for each and every charge?
Whatever you do otherwise, will get worn and damaged eventually.....
regards
Andy

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well i use the command strips for my head phones hanger and has been stuck on my side for years now and can still remove it and stuck this on it that is well over 1kg.

DSC_0191_05.JPG
:cool: DSC_0192_03.JPG

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Why not simply make an extension power lead, so that you do not have to remove the rubber mat for each and every charge?
Whatever you do otherwise, will get worn and damaged eventually.....
regards
Andy
I cant do that as I live in a 2 story flat, and moped is kept in my shed. which don't have electricity

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Eyelets in the corners, bungee cords with hooks underneath.

Mat might need reinforcement at the eyelets.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Eyelets in the corners, bungee cords with hooks underneath.

Mat might need reinforcement at the eyelets.
Well I cant make eyelets, I think its a special tool for making those. I had also thought about strapping top and bottom end of mat with like you said a bungee cord. as you can buy 12 pack for only £6.75 30,40 & 60CM

But will try these command strips 1st

Its ok when I have my feet on top of battery riding moped, But I just feel the mat may blow off when i leave moped. whilst shopping. I could remove it and lock it under seat. But battery is showing then.

thanks for all the ideas guys most appreciated

2022-05-13_094919.jpg

Plas man

Pedelecer
May 12, 2022
Well I cant make eyelets, I think its a special tool for making those. I had also thought about strapping top and bottom end of mat with like you said a bungee cord. as you can buy 12 pack for only £6.75 30,40 & 60CM

But will try these command strips 1st

Its ok when I have my feet on top of battery riding moped, But I just feel the mat may blow off when i leave moped. whilst shopping. I could remove it and lock it under seat. But battery is showing then.

thanks for all the ideas guys most appreciated

View attachment 46937

Plas man

Pedelecer
May 12, 2022
Billyboya , can’t you use 2 self tapping screws with washer at the front of mat (bottom of leg shield ) or use 2 x black car number plate plastic nuts/bolts . l charge in the garage with the charger plugged into the bike ... yes it is a kettle style plug . Also the Erider forum is total crap I did not even attempt to register .