battery mat help

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Billyboya , can’t you use 2 self tapping screws with washer at the front of mat (bottom of leg shield ) or use 2 x black car number plate plastic nuts/bolts . l charge in the garage with the charger plugged into the bike ... yes it is a kettle style plug . Also the Erider forum is total crap I did not even attempt to register .

I cant as live in a 2 story flat, and bike is in a shed on ground, which has no electricity

Also the Erider forum is total crap I did not even attempt to register
totally agree there I did register but most questions I asked got ignored so waste of time

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I cant do that as I live in a 2 story flat, and moped is kept in my shed. which don't have electricity
Buy an extension cord, and hang it out the window nearest to your shed.... Make sure its long enough, or have two, one from the shed.....Haul it in when not charging. Put a RCD on it, if the house is not already safe in that respect! But, you may occasionally drop the mains for the house too... A small pne for a 13 amp socket is highly recommended.See:-
Also put a timeswitch on the circuit, to to make sure that you are not overcharging (as most Li-ion chargers do), even when they have a LED that says charging is finished, believe me its not as "strong", but it charges, an reduces the lifespan of the battery, probably by around half.
Unless you have alrady have an expensive charger that cost around 1,000 UK pounds, that truly shuts down.....but I still don't trust them!
I tonly rust a 24 hous timer (cheapo) modified to shut itseld, and the charger, completely and utterly OFF, hen the time runs out, and cannot restart in any possible way, as they normally do!
Regards and best wishes.
Andy
PS. Or set a good solar converter on the shed roof! With a timer still of course...
PPS. Think outside of the box for all problems...

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Im lost what do you mean
Wasn't there some sort of plug under the seat? I hope it's for a kettle, for the odd relaxing cuppa on the road. But there was speculation it was for a second battery. Now that you have found the only other person on this forum (maybe the world? ;) ) with a working Erider 15, maybe we can convince him to take his apart and do a complete wiring diagram? (I'm joking - if it aint broke don't fix it!)

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Buy an extension cord, and hang it out the window nearest to your shed.... Make sure its long enough, or have two, one from the shed.....Haul it in when not charging. Put a RCD on it, if the house is not already safe in that respect! But, you may occasionally drop the mains for the house too... A small pne for a 13 amp socket is highly recommended.See:-
Also put a timeswitch on the circuit, to to make sure that you are not overcharging (as most Li-ion chargers do), even when they have a LED that says charging is finished, believe me its not as "strong", but it charges, an reduces the lifespan of the battery, probably by around half.
Unless you have alrady have an expensive charger that cost around 1,000 UK pounds, that truly shuts down.....but I still don't trust them!
I tonly rust a 24 hous timer (cheapo) modified to shut itseld, and the charger, completely and utterly OFF, hen the time runs out, and cannot restart in any possible way, as they normally do!
Regards and best wishes.
Andy
PS. Or set a good solar converter on the shed roof! With a timer still of course...
PPS. Think outside of the box for all problems...
No totally impossible, as like I said its 2 story flats. I am on the 1st floor. and 7 flats on each floor so to do that I would need a massive long lead run it all along where people walk, down 2 flight of stairs. then into the top opening of the shed. could you see my lead being ignored LOL as some plonker would cut into it. Plus I wont be allowed to anyway. But many thanks for the thought, but its not practical

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Wasn't there some sort of plug under the seat? I hope it's for a kettle, for the odd relaxing cuppa on the road. But there was speculation it was for a second battery. Now that you have found the only other person on this forum (maybe the world? ;) ) with a working Erider 15, maybe we can convince him to take his apart and do a complete wiring diagram? (I'm joking - if it aint broke don't fix it!)
No I think that's where you plug in a charger if you keep moped on ground floor in a garage with power, I will ask Plas man. But my moped had been modified, as Plas man has had his since new 2 years ago so he must have 2 x 24V solid lead acid batteries. so would imaging his charge lead has a kettle type plug. But as I modified my battery to a Lithium 48v 30Ah one mine charges via a Jack plug now, and discharges via a kettle type plug.

this is the battery case, and as you can tell it originally from new had 2 x 24V SLA batteries

D3017D91-739A-411C-96A3-DD5F94084D37.jpg

This is the new battery I replaced the SLA ones to
2022-05-13_153405.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: guerney