Help! Battery needed for Volt Alpine (original style - 2012)

Maragaret

Just Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Any ideas for a replacement battery for my old style Volt Alpine (36v 400 Wh). I've got through 2 old-style batteries, in the 7 years, but the new ones for sale by Volt, for the Alpine are a different style, may not be compatible (am waiting for info from electricbikestore) are expensive and need me to buy a new charger as well. It fits in a tight channel behind the seat post, so dimensions very specific. Am considering converting to a crossbar attached, but not sure about rewiring. My current battery has a greatly decreased capacity and is heading for death. Can batteries be reconditioned? Any ideas?

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Any ideas for a replacement battery for my old style Volt Alpine (36v 400 Wh). I've got through 2 old-style batteries, in the 7 years, but the new ones for sale by Volt, for the Alpine are a different style, may not be compatible (am waiting for info from electricbikestore) are expensive and need me to buy a new charger as well. It fits in a tight channel behind the seat post, so dimensions very specific. Am considering converting to a crossbar attached, but not sure about rewiring. My current battery has a greatly decreased capacity and is heading for death. Can batteries be reconditioned? Any ideas?
Batteries can be re-celled. Cheaper than a new battery I am told.
If you are electrically trained,you can re-build it yourself, there are YouTube videos covering it.
regards
Andy

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Battery Team
info@ebikebatteries.co.uk
These are the people who will recell your existing battery. They are really good and it is so simple to send it off. Email them and they will give you directions as to what to do

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Batteries can be re-celled. Cheaper than a new battery I am told.
If you are electrically trained,you can re-build it yourself, there are YouTube videos covering it.
regards
Andy
For standard batteries, like OP's, new ones are normally a lot cheaper than a re-cell. Check out the prices for a silver fish or frog battery on EBay.

Maragaret

Just Joined
Jun 1, 2019
3070020190430_113716.jpg3070120190430_113716.jpgIMG-20190602-WA0011.jpg3070220190430_113716.jpgIMG-20190602-WA0011.jpgIMG-20190602-WA0010.jpg30703View attachment 30704

Maragaret

Just Joined
Jun 1, 2019

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's difficult to tell from your weird photo, but it looks like the narrow one. Look at this one and check the dimensions. the length doesn't matter because it comes with its own lock strip. you might have to drill holes in the lock strip to line up with your frame fixing points.