Battery Storage/Use

Trek

Pedelecer
Jun 22, 2013
Hi, I thought I would post this info if anyone is interested, especially newbies..................

7DDBD0C0-FACE-42DE-A252-93D5AE029E9D.jpeg

Reactions: Harrie

Trek

Pedelecer
Jun 22, 2013
So I should throw away my 9 year old battery even though it still performs reasonably well?
I am just the messenger, only passing on what Volt emailed me during lock down what with more using and charging their EBike . However I think it wise to recharge and store carefully. Also one can think it’s a way of marketing to sell more batteries.....

Reactions: mike killay

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I am just the messenger, only passing on what Volt emailed me during lock down what with more using and charging their EBike . However I think it wise to recharge and store carefully. Also one can think it’s a way of marketing to sell more batteries.....
True, sprobably ome battery owners will be caught out!
I myself disagree with a lot of it.....some of it is correct, but badly phrased IMO, as before following the advice, I would myself check up on the facts of my battery - is it really defective or recoverable or not for instance.
In around 10 years of e-biking, I have been lucky enough to neve had a battery go defective, on two different bikes.
Some of the information contained here, I have also read from other bike manufacturers, and can be called laughable at best, perhaps this was from one of them, which would explain a lot.
But sincerely, many thanks for posting, as it is interesting to read, even for those of us who disagree with some of the infos it contains.
I myself am always happy when someone posts such infos, as I can decide myself whether to agree or not, without being unfriendly or nasty......
regards and many thanks for your time and trouble in bringing this to our attention.
Andy