Battery

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
I was just browsing looking for a cheap battery to take with me, main battery is now losing a bit of distance. How are these batterys charged ballanced, can't see any kind of battery management. Or is that it ent going to be balanced.! Lol

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The back of the softpack suggest from the slight bulge a BMS will be fitted, it would be bad if they did not have one.
Issue I see is there are no cell specs or pack discharge specs.

Last edited:

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
You don't say what sort of ebike and what the specs of the original battery are.

Those batteries are very low capacity (just under 100Wh) so you won't get that much range out of them (*).

And as Nealh says they don't give a discharge rate; you may well find that as soon as you hit a significant hill the voltage sag is so great it just turns off (if the BMS/controller are clever enough) or completely kills the battery (if not).

(*) To get an idea of range, use
Select Bosch ebike System 2 and the smallest battery (300Wh) and other parameters to approximate your bike and riding conditions. Then divide the result by 3 (for 100Wh), possibly even by 4 as the centre drive Bosch system may be more efficient than your bike's motor. Looks like around 10 miles summer range if there aren't too many hills.

Last edited:

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
The back of the softpack suggest form the slight bulge a BMS will be fitted, it would be bad if they did not have one.
Issue I see is there are no cell specs or pack discharge specs.
Yes I couldn't see any discharge specs either. However it does state ebike, sooooo hopefully should be OK. I was more concerned about balance. Bike doesn't draw much.