BB02 500w - cuts out under load - help!!

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Ah - nice suggestion Fordulike, but there is a very good reason why it has to be an old-style cylindrical battery - I had the frame modified to have a 100mm diameter seat post which houses the battery
No probs, just be sure that any battery you do buy is rated for a continuous 20+ amps.

Last edited:
Ah - nice suggestion Fordulike, but there is a very good reason why it has to be an old-style cylindrical battery - I had the frame modified to have a 100mm diameter seat post which houses the battery
Huh? Love to see a photo of this! Have you posed these questions to the outfit that recently fixed(?) the battery for you?

Jouboy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 21, 2013
Many thanks, Tommie. Was one helluva job getting it done. Hard enough getting an engineering firm here in UK to do such a one-off job. Then had joy of modifying battery casing so that a female connector located on the base-cap would sit onto a male inside the seat-post. Got to thank a brilliant electronics engineer pal of mine who did the battery. Alas, has now moved to Margate (DOH!!) so have no-one locally to fix the sort of issues discussed above.

MESSAGE TO ALL - anyone know a London based electronics whizzkid (all ages considered!) wanting to join up with an extremely fledgling E-bike company. Please email warren@smugcycles.co.uk for a chat

Hi Brightonebikes - here is an image of the bike - you can see the extra wide seatpost housing a battery which slides out by pulling up the saddleView attachment 17420
Thanks for the piccie. Looks cool, NEVER seen that done before, but as you say, I can imagine it was quite some feat finding a company prepared to do a one off at a decent price. Great work :)

• :D
Reactions: anotherkiwi