BBS in fsr Stumpjumper.

cycling weakly

Pedelecer
Oct 4, 2015
Have any of you seen, or even better, built a BBS motor into a Fsr Stumpjumper & if so did the S shaped downtube cause the motor to sit too low? Also was there any problem with the gear case or chain wheel fouling the chain stay?

Steve

Have any of you seen, or even better, built a BBS motor into a Fsr Stumpjumper & if so did the S shaped downtube cause the motor to sit too low? Also was there any problem with the gear case or chain wheel fouling the chain stay?

Steve
I did look at them because for a full suss battery space isn't bad, but then left alone because of how low slung the motor ends up. Once suss is compressed i don't much like the remaining ground clearance. :(

cycling weakly

Pedelecer
Oct 4, 2015
I did look at them because for a full suss battery space isn't bad, but then left alone because of how low slung the motor ends up. Once suss is compressed i don't much like the remaining ground clearance. :(
I have now tried the HL battery in the medium frame I was thinking of buying, it was just too big. Maybe a side release battery would fit. A pity, as it is a lovely frame.
Steve

I have now tried the HL battery in the medium frame I was thinking of buying, it was just too big. Maybe a side release battery would fit. A pity, as it is a lovely frame.
Steve
I've got a template of the side release if you really want to size it up?
But seriously, I rode with a guy who went for a right Burton because his low slung bbs02 grounded out on him.
Just not a clever build with motor at 6 o'clock position in my mid, especially with rear suss bottoming out on travel too. [emoji107]