BBS to BPM

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Previously I posted about my BBS conversion on my Norco Indie 2 Hybrid, I have now removed the BBS and fitted the Big Bear front Bpm kit. The Bpm I have rebuilt into another rim as a 2x ,the bike is a different machine now and the ride is totally different with a much more relaxed riding mode although there are 5 pas modes I have so far found mode 2 more than adequate for general riding the Luishi sine wave controller upgrade is very good and once tootling along at higher speed the motor is almost inaudible only at lower speed when accelerating is there any real noise to notice and this isn't very loud. Another simple item added that has made the ride feel different are the Wuxing h/bar grips supplied, they just feel so much more comfortable then the original ones. I have dismantled the brake levers to use the nice plug and play cut off micro switches and have made small ali fittings to attach the switches to my HDB's levers and used some brass stops to actuate the switches (these are from the pins of a std household 13a plug , I have cut off the tops and used the wire hole so that I can tap a screw into the front of the levers) and then painted everything black to blend in.
I will take some pics and post some this week.

Reactions: jonathan75

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Conversion pics.
DSCF0002.JPG

Brake cut offs also same on other brake.
DSCF0006.JPG DSCF0007.JPG DSCF0012.JPG

LCD mounted behind steerer to free up handle bar as it was very cluttered.
DSCF0015.JPG DSCF0016.JPG

PAS ring mounted on drive side in place of the smaller chain ring fixing is via its mounting points.
DSCF0019.JPG

Home made torque arm one each side also upgraded front disc to 203mm.
DSCF0029.JPG

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Is that one of those torque lock torque arms that goes over the nut? If so, I'd change it for one that locks the axle.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
No d8ve they are home made ones I drilled and dremelled out to lock out the axle it fits snuggly over the axle spindle and just had enough space to be able to tap it to the fork, should have taken a pic with nut off to show properly so will take one tomorrow. The one's that came with the kit and fixed via jubilee clip to the fork were awful. The bike close up is starting to look well worn and used but that doesn't bother me riding it is like sitting on your best chair it is so comfortable and the riding position for me is just right almost perfect. Next job is to fit the BBS to my Cube mtb and see how it performs off road.

Homemade torque arm to lock out axle.
DSCF0032.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: trex
D

Deleted member 4366

That's good. Thanks for clarifying that point.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
that's the best looking torque arm I've seen.

D

Deleted member 4366

You need to zoom in to see these custom ones:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I got my ideas from seeing d8ve's one piece designs on his bikes, with no interconnecting joint there is no movement that can be had. Having flat area on the forks made it possible to fit them, when making a torque arm each situation is different the important bit is to get the hole right with the flat edges.

Last edited: