BBS02 on Cannondale Trail 6 Any challenges expected?

Superdoc

Just Joined
Jul 18, 2017
Bangalore
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, I have a 2012 version of Cannondale Trail 6 26er, I have rarely used this cycle and still in perfect shape ofcourse with maintenance once in a while still on stock tyres (will be changing to marathon plus)

I have decided to get the BBS02 ebike kit to this cycle but before that I wanted to find from others if any of you faced any challenge particularly at the bottom bracket installation? what you did to get through it? your advice much appreciated!

Regards,

Ultrafunkula

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2011
Th
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, I have a 2012 version of Cannondale Trail 6 26er, I have rarely used this cycle and still in perfect shape ofcourse with maintenance once in a while still on stock tyres (will be changing to marathon plus)

I have decided to get the BBS02 ebike kit to this cycle but before that I wanted to find from others if any of you faced any challenge particularly at the bottom bracket installation? what you did to get through it? your advice much appreciated!

Regards,
The only problem you may encounter is chain alignment front to rear, it depends on bike , a lot of guys fit the bling ring to fix/ improve the issue you may encounter,also check crank arms for tightness a few times after doing some runs as they tend to loosen , when kit is fitted don't labour the motor , they like to spin quickly to be most efficient,check serial numbers to make sure your kit has late type controller with better mosfets, if it's older type and you labour it ,it will go pop and you will have to fit later controller , no biggie, just a wedge of cash.

• Agree
Reactions: Superdoc and tommie

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
I have a BBS02 fitted to a 2014 Cannondale Trail 6.
Only fitting problem was having to dremel out a little bit of weld inside the BB.
Also dont forget to slack off the cable guide screw under the BB and tighten it back up afterwards.
You will need to place a solid spacer between the downtube and motor or the lug on the top left will wear a hole in the frame(like mine has!).
I have fitted a 42T Bling Ring and this gives a perfect chainline and misses the chainstay by about 1mm.

Superdoc

Just Joined
Jul 18, 2017
Bangalore
I have a BBS02 fitted to a 2014 Cannondale Trail 6.
Only fitting problem was having to dremel out a little bit of weld inside the BB.
Also dont forget to slack off the cable guide screw under the BB and tighten it back up afterwards.
You will need to place a solid spacer between the downtube and motor or the lug on the top left will wear a hole in the frame(like mine has!).
I have fitted a 42T Bling Ring and this gives a perfect chainline and misses the chainstay by about 1mm.
Thanks!, your cannondale surely has same resemblance as mine but this looks like a challenge to me, how did you smooth out the weld inside the BB? I will have to look for spacers now not sure where to find one, what is the challenge if I put a 46T chainring? can you please share photos of the sides and bottom and above of your cannondale mid drive? this will really be helpful to get a visual understanding. Kindly.

Regards,

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
I used a drill with a grinstone on for the weld but you may not have a problem with yours,just try it first and if it catches something then its simple to sort.
I got some 5mm longer bolts and 5mm nylon spacers off ebay,just make sure its a UK seller and it will only take a couple of days to come.
The standard 46T chainring will fit no problem.
No photos as the motor is off now and about to be put on a Trek 6300.
Its just a case of sliding the motor in place and fitting the one big nut with blue threadlock as the second locking nut wont go on a 73m BB
It really is such a simple job and most of your time will be taken up routing and fixing the wiring in place.