Bbs02 programming question

Rudolf Roskopp

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 21, 2020
Hi everyone.

I’ve just got my bbs02b bike finished, and it all works great, I just wish I could have the option to use the thumb throttle with no pas. I have a sw102 display, it has 5 assist levels and off. My question is, could I program the thing so I could have say pas level 1 as throttle only and use 2,3,4,5 if I want to use pas? My usb programming cable arrived today. Before I jump down that whole Bafang programming rabbit hole I just want to know if I can change one of the assist levels.26B3A13C-73CE-48FC-8E43-DD996DDDCD4B.jpeg

Thanks in advance.

Rudolf Roskopp

Jun 21, 2020
From Karl’s guide.

Asst0 Limit Current(%): 1/0/0/100/1 – This is the setting for the PAS at level 0. The throttle might not work in PAS 0 unless this is set to 1 on more recent controllers. You must set limit speed to 1 as well as well as setting the Designated Assist to 9 on the throttle page.

Asst0 Limit Spd(%): 1/0/0/1/1 – At power level 0 causes the controller to lower current gently to maintain motor rpm when 44% of speed limit is hit. Speed limiting is done based on motor RPMs not road speed. The throttle might not work in PAS 0 unless this is set to at least 1, it is really nice to have a hand throttle setting without any PAS intervention.

Asst1 Limit Current(%): 52/20/52/10/52 – Power cut based on road speed at power level 1.

Asst1 Limit Spd(%): 44/44/36/100/44 – Power cut based on motor RPM speed at power level 1.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

I have a bbs02b and currently have no throttle when pas is set to Off

So if I set Asst0 limit(%) current to 1 and Asst0 Limit Spd(%) to 1 then I should have throttle and no pas when pas is set to off. right?

Thanks guys.

Rudolf Roskopp

Jun 21, 2020
I changed the above settings, now I can use the thumb throttle when pas is set to OFF. I tried setting pas level 1 to use thumb only, by changing asst1 current & Spd limit to 1 but it didn’t work. It would be useful to have everything disabled when pas is set to OFF.

Rudolf Roskopp

Jun 21, 2020
I changed more settings today. I used the Karl’s special sauce it’s much better.
Thanks Trevor for taking the time to post the links.