BBSHD for Specialized crosstrail sport disc

paulc1976

Pedelecer
May 22, 2014
Thank ford. I'm reasonably fit so could probably cope with it for a short while. It's a shame the batteries are nearly the same price as the kit itself but that's the norm for electric bikes.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I wouldn't buy a motor and then save up for the battery. Buy it all at once, save your money until you can afford the lot then flash the cash, you may even get a better deal for the full setup.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
As the motor and your rear wheel both contain freewheels the only difference in pedalling this compared to a standard bike is the difference in weight and wind resistance..
Unlike my 1000W front hub DD which is like riding while holding the front brake on !!!!

paulc1976

Pedelecer
May 22, 2014
Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah I will see if I can buy the battery and motor kit at the same time. That's good to know, at least I could use the bike without the battery if I had to!

TiffTaylor

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 19, 2019
Did the Bafang BBS02 fit the Specialized crosstrail sport disc 2016 ok,

I know it has a 68mm Bottom Bracket but was worried about the casing touching the arms the got to the back wheel (the casing on the toothed side, where the arms leave the bottom bracket)

Regards Tiff