BBSHD High Voltage error 7

Gagsinio

Pedelecer
May 9, 2015
Hi, recently took delivery of a 48v BBSHD and 48v 20ah battery. DCP18 display is showing High Voltage warning Error 7 Any ideas please? Many thanks G

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Good to hear your problem is solved. Otherwise a risky firmware update

Last edited:

Gagsinio

Pedelecer
May 9, 2015
Hi Lenny, thanks for the reply. Do you think could change the settings in Penovs Bafang config tool, so I could run the 48v BBSHD with the 52v battery please? The vendor is not exactly being cooperative with having it returned. Claims they sent the 52v as out of stock of the 48v, hmmmm.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Wouldn't programming your controller in any way, invalidate your warranty? The seller needs to sort this out or refund you.

Gagsinio

Pedelecer
May 9, 2015
Hi Guerney, I have built and reprogrammed a few BBSHD bikes now and realise the risk is all mine if I mess it up. The dealer is in Germany and where I live, it is very difficult to send ebike batteries by post, would take a long time. Was just wondering if it could be done with the Bafang config tool that Penov made?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Mine's a BBS01B - no controller voltage setting is available - Penoff's configuration tool appears to patch firmware with new values, what @lenny has linked above is complete replacement of the firmware. However, the risk with doing that (there is an alternate firmware file in the download linked in the video), is if your controller's hardware is different. Therefore you could brick your controller or it could be buggy, then become a brick.

Last edited: