BBSHD returns to factory default

Gagsinio

Pedelecer
May 9, 2015
Hi, have reprogrammed my BBSHD with Karl's special sauce settings. It's fine for a couple of weeks, then resets to the default settings- MPH gets changed to KMH etc. Throttle still works on full, but pedalling will not. Any clues why please?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I've got a much lower powered BBS01B but... did you set the current limit to 30A before applying the .el file? This page says that's important to do first:

"These .el files are designed for the BBS02 but work just as well for the BBSHD. If you use them with a BBSHD make sure to change the Limited Current(A) on the first page to 30 amps."

I'd open the .el file using a text editor, and set the controller using the settings detailed in the file by entering the corresponding settings manually (in case a mismatch of some kind is causing the error, because of a change due to a newer slightly different controller design, resulting in the bike reverting to safe default values). If the same happened again, perhaps running the controller at high amps is causing it to fail?

Last edited: