Bearings gone I think in wheel.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes those are the bearings then simply buy replacements that have the same part number, type in in ebay and many sellers will show up.
6001rs I know is the cover plate bearing and 6902rs is a freewheel or cassette bearing.
My cassette had two (stacked with a shim in between so make sure you haven't missed one.
If the feel rough then they are fit for the bin, likely the balls are misshaped or dry.

My BPM made a noise one year under rotation so I replaced the bearing and added some more grease to the planet gears, one simple cheap part and it makes all the difference. It only needs slight roughness in a bearing for it to sound bad.

Michael Love

Pedelecer
Aug 26, 2018
Guys, gals, thank you.
Replaced circlip, replaced bearings, greased it up with lithium grease and it works better than ever.
I put a disc brake on too but it is squealing a bit, will update other post for that.
I think circlip jumped out of its groove and wore down but also must have stuck and sized the motor sometimes and at other times was loose so that's what I was hearing once per revolution, and at other times spuñ with the axle so was like nothing was wrong.

Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Now you know, next time or another hub will be easy to remedy.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Guys, gals, thank you.
Replaced circlip, replaced bearings, greased it up with lithium grease and it works better than ever.
I put a disc brake on too but it is squealing a bit, will update other post for that.
I think circlip jumped out of its groove and wore down but also must have stuck and sized the motor sometimes and at other times was loose so that's what I was hearing once per revolution, and at other times spuñ with the axle so was like nothing was wrong.
I've not heard of that before, but I can't believe it's the only one. It's probably put in by hand by a guy on piece-work and easy to mess up. I've seen loose screws in the motor, and even a spare screw that didn't even belong there. I'm glad you got it fixed.