Beat Bikes Where Are You?

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
I have been trying to contact Beat Bikes with no success. Are they still trading????

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Companies House shows them as "active" so not they've not actually filed as dormant or dissolved

Doesnt mean they really are trading though, afraid i cant help more

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
sorry scrtach that - it says its active (dormant)

usually this means they are not actually trading
Thanks for that. I was asked by someone who had recently ordered one online but has not received her bike nor has had any response to inquiries. They are not answering their phone when I call.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Thanks for that. I was asked by someone who had recently ordered one online but has not received her bike nor has had any response to inquiries. They are not answering their phone when I call.
this post may inspire buyers to phone the company before placing order online.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
There is something that doesnt quite pass the sniff test here - it was bugging me overnight so I delved a little deeper.

Seems the director of Beatbikes, Mr Stephen Spratt, has a few other directorships (some disolved, some active) -

http://www.ccdni.com/director-stephen-spratt-3

they are all based at the same address (the one on beat bikes website)

an example is

http://www.jigsawtraining.co.uk/

indeed they even have the same phone number as beatbikes. Yesterday it rang but was not answered. Today it is stright through to a message saying it has not been possbile to connect call.

However, there is a mobile number on the jigsaw site.

It seems likley they have gone bust - these things happen of course. However, keeping the websites open and still taking peoples money is another thing entirely

You may wish to try the mobile number and see if you can get further information ? I've not done so

This is all publicly available data by the way so I'm not disclosing anything on a public forum that is not readily available on other public forums

Good luck finding out more and getting your money back. Hopefully you are protected by Paypal here if it is bust as I wouldnt fancy your chances otherwise.

Sorry to be all doom and gloom. And I could still be wrong and misreading the old tea leaves. EDIT *post crossed with the above - so maybe all will be well after all, my job makes me cynical in these situations)

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
I exchanged emails with Dean Stennet today after reading this post as I have a demo Beatbike for people to try out in the southwest. He assures me they are doing well and hopefully he will be along on here to update this thread.

D

Deleted member 4366

Hmmm! I used to know a Dean Stennet - not a common name. If you're the Dean Stennet that used to work for JCA, say hello.

Dean Stennett

Just Joined
Mar 12, 2014
www.beatbikes.com
Hello

This is Dean Stennett from BeatBikes Ltd

First of all I need to thank Liam & Jon from 2 of our outlets for letting me know about this post.

Next I would like to squash any rumour that BeatBikes Ltd has ceased trading.

KirstinS & Trex I do applaud you social media community spirit and thank you for your concern but I can assure you BeatBikes is doing quite ok and you are welcome to call me direct on tel 07785340375 if you would like to understand more about our company status.

Next I need to advise Emo rider that we do not have any undelivered orders placed on us and if your friend wants to clarify this with me they can reach me direct on tel 07785 340 375 or by email deans@jigsawbusinessgroup.com - (i will be adding these alternative contact methods to the beatbikes website today)

Last to d8veh - Yep it is Dean Stennett ex Johnson Controls - after serving nearly 20 years in the automotive industry I decided I had contributed far too much to the creation of CO2 and so went off to help businesses that were all about reducing CO2. I am now involved in the delivery of multiple Low Carbon products, technologies and initiatives and a small part of our portfolio is BeatBikes a low cost folding electric commuter / leisure bike designed to get people out of cars and using more carbon friendly forms of transport.
Feel free to get in touch - it is truly amazing how many ex JC people i still have contact with - it was a company full of good people and i have many, well mostly! fond memories :)

Sorry for any stress that might have been caused by this Forum - but I guess all i can do is pass on my direct contact details and ask people to contact me if they want to know anything about BeatBikes,,,,,,,,rather than guess.

Reactions: flecc

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Dean, welcome to this forum.
We all buy online and I always recommend members to use sources like http://companycheck.co.uk to check the background of suppliers and their directors.
My comment is not meant to cast doubt on beatbikes. This thread made me think that we should also call the company and talk to the people.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Hello

This is Dean Stennett from BeatBikes Ltd

First of all I need to thank Liam & Jon from 2 of our outlets for letting me know about this post.

Next I would like to squash any rumour that BeatBikes Ltd has ceased trading.

KirstinS & Trex I do applaud you social media community spirit and thank you for your concern but I can assure you BeatBikes is doing quite ok and you are welcome to call me direct on tel 07785340375 if you would like to understand more about our company status.

Next I need to advise Emo rider that we do not have any undelivered orders placed on us and if your friend wants to clarify this with me they can reach me direct on tel 07785 340 375 or by email deans@jigsawbusinessgroup.com - (i will be adding these alternative contact methods to the beatbikes website today)

Last to d8veh - Yep it is Dean Stennett ex Johnson Controls - after serving nearly 20 years in the automotive industry I decided I had contributed far too much to the creation of CO2 and so went off to help businesses that were all about reducing CO2. I am now involved in the delivery of multiple Low Carbon products, technologies and initiatives and a small part of our portfolio is BeatBikes a low cost folding electric commuter / leisure bike designed to get people out of cars and using more carbon friendly forms of transport.
Feel free to get in touch - it is truly amazing how many ex JC people i still have contact with - it was a company full of good people and i have many, well mostly! fond memories :)

Sorry for any stress that might have been caused by this Forum - but I guess all i can do is pass on my direct contact details and ask people to contact me if they want to know anything about BeatBikes,,,,,,,,rather than guess.
Hi dean

This is good news for all concerned

However , I do take slight umbridge at the comment that people should contact you rather than just "guessing"

The fact was the phone line was repeatedly not answered and then appeared to go dead, emails went unanswered (allegedly) and companies house information stated dormant. Not just pure guesswork

Anyway, no matter - alls well that ends well. I am happy to be incorrect

Though I would respectfully suggest that the website is updated with correct contact details

D

Deleted member 4366

I'll send you a PM later Dean.
I can reassure everybody else that the Dean Stennet that I know (knew) was not the type of guy that would let people down.