Best bike for my mum?

Riajb14

Just Joined
Aug 10, 2021
Hi everyone,

Just wanting advice on the best ebike to purchase for my mum. It will be used everyday for her work commute, it's not a long journey but there are a couple of hills so as lightweight as possible please!
It needs to be fairly small as she's only about 5ft2 and preferably with a pannier rack but this isn't essential.

Thank you in advance!

Tony1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
I certainly can't claim a wide expertise in types of bikes for women, but my partner just bought a second hand Somerby Penderton ladies ebike and she loves it. It goes well too. She catches me up on steep hills on my Bafang crank drive conversion, which is a touch embarrassing.... I'm talking 18% gradients here, so pretty steep. She also gets good range from hers riding in the lower power settings - usually 1, or 2 of the three available. We get about 30 miles or more but it has never run out of juice yet. If it does ever, it pedals fine without the motor on.

Looking at the bike itself, it is pretty sound and road worthy. I've ridden it and it is fine. Pretty upright stance though.

The height of your mum should not be a problem. It is a step through and is available in different sizes. Ours is a 17 inch and my partner is about the same height as your mum.

They cost a bit more than a thousand pounds. You can fit a front basket, but it makes adjusting the front brake a nuisance, though doable.

Reactions: Gannet

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi everyone,

Just wanting advice on the best ebike to purchase for my mum. It will be used everyday for her work commute, it's not a long journey but there are a couple of hills so as lightweight as possible please!
It needs to be fairly small as she's only about 5ft2 and preferably with a pannier rack but this isn't essential.

Thank you in advance!
I would recommend to you the Woosh Rambletta

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance!
Would this be of interest to your mum. Bike is as new. Open to sensible offers

Jun 9, 2022
Hi all.
Have ladies bike for sale. Was bought in June last year from Juicy Bikes. It is a Neomouv Facelia 24" wheels and is therefore suitable for smaller lady. Bought for my wife who is 5'2. Bike is in virtually new condition having only done 142k in dry conditions on local flat trails. Battery been charged 3 or 4 times only. Selling due to health reasons. Cost 1450 when bought and I believe they are over 1500 now. Battery is 13ah. Price £1150. but will consider sensible offers. Viewing welcome

Attachments

regards