BH eMotion Neo Cross Status AND Pros and Cons of Local Dealership

Taff

Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2011
Wrexham
In May last year, I posted the following paragraph to which the consensus was 'Battery Failure'.

I've had my BH Emotion Neo Cross for 2 years now and it's proved to be a brilliant bike. However, recently I've had problems with the Display shutting off when going up steeper climbs. It happens w/o warning. I stop, switch it back on and a few metres later it does the same. The connections on the display are fine. Any ideas?

It's been a heck of a long time since then but I'll fill you in on the details and resolution.

When I came to buy my eBike, buying local was important to me for servicing/tweaks advice etc. I also wanted a 2 year guarantee on the battery. With help from GaRRy and various test runs the Neo Cross was my choice and I bought it from a local (12 miles) bike shop. For nearly 2 years it was brilliant, until the battery problem as indicated above.

The shop tried various ideas but couldn't solve the problem and so they contacted eMotion in Spain. I won't bore you with all the details but the bike has been to Stoke once and to Spain 3 times. Each time until the last something was done to the bike in an attempt to solve the problem. If eMotion are to be believed I have had a new hub motor. I know from the shop that the bike has had a new sensor; new wiring and a new controller as well as a spare display. Naturally each time the bike went on holiday I had to ride it to the shop and pick it up again - being local was essential for this.

Finally a couple of weeks ago the bike returned from Spain with a new battery! On the first test ride it sailed up the minor hills it had failed on before but I knew I had to test the bike on something much more substantial. On a fine day this week I did a 31 mile run including climbing the Horseshoe Pass on Eco. The bike was fine but I was a bit knackered. :confused:

Several morals to the story I'll leave you to pick them out for yourself. As for me - I am soooooo looking forward to having a problem free cycling future. Fingers crossed, touch wood etc. :D

ghouluk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2013
To be fair to bh - although they seem to have had numerous qc issues - they really do keep going until the problem is fixed - mine has been perfect since new motor, controller, wiring and keys ;)

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
With the Panasonic drive mine were great. Unfortunately not 4*4 proof.

Taff

Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2011
Wrexham
I've done another 300 miles and the bike is outstanding. Currently doing 40+ mile trips and plenty of power left. It's an absolute joy. Out Friday and can't wait.

Reactions: electrickery

martin@onbike

Official Trade Member
BH are now a pleasure to work with.
NEVER thought I'd say that, but since the end of last year it's like a different company, and deliver service better than ever and equal to the likes of Bosch.
The products are solid now- the Evo seems to have removed any of the issues of the Neo system, and all their bikes look great.
They are using Bosch, Yamaha and Brose on their bikes which adds even more confidence for the future.
Who'd have thunk it?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I pop in every now and then to the showroom in S. Sebastian and I like the look a whole lot. They look very well finished and the Yamaha and Brose bikes are the ones I prefer.

BH are now a pleasure to work with.
NEVER thought I'd say that, but since the end of last year it's like a different company, and deliver service better than ever and equal to the likes of Bosch.
The products are solid now- the Evo seems to have removed any of the issues of the Neo system, and all their bikes look great.
They are using Bosch, Yamaha and Brose on their bikes which adds even more confidence for the future.
Who'd have thunk it?
and already being punted out at 10% online for all the new models ;)

http://bikes.merlincycles.com/search#?w=BH