BH emotion Race Speed Machine!!!

Simon Overton

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 27, 2012
Got his bike today and I have to say it is brilliant! Very fast and agile. Unlike most pedelecs cruising at 18mph was pretty east as BH have followed the maxim "light is right" as soon as I dropped to 15mph the motor kept me going up those inclines and hills. Maximum speed achieved was probably about 30mph downhill.

I have mobility problems and use a wheelchair for any distance so this bike means a great deal to me. BH emotion have been brilliant in supplying it.

My previous bike was a wisper alpino 906 which I owned for a day before the wheel failed and it nearly killed me. Did consider getting another one but everytime I see "Alex Rims" I feel physically sick. Still could have been worse- was only doing abot 5mph when accident happened and left me splattered across the road with cars braking etc.

The BH bikes however are in a different class. The Wisper needed the motor just to move it was so heavy. The BH emotion race is like a ferrari. Key thing is low cadence and SPD pedals and shoes!!

jasono

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Hi Simon
I've got a BH Emotion Sport and love it! As you say it's swift and sleek and 18mph cruising is very easy
Happy ebiking!

Simon Overton

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 27, 2012
Should say in fairness David Miall did a superb job at sorting the situation out with the Wisper and e-bikes direct did eventually refund my money and cancel the finance agreement. David even kindly agreed to pay for the jacket that was ripped to shreds when the wheel failed. As mentioned though nothing was broken, just a lot of skin lost and fluid on the bone- still hurts a fair bit, oh well.

Situation wasn't helped by three peaks cycles who seem to operate in some alternative reality where first a bike has been returned to Wisper, then it hasn't. I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't even billed Wisper as obviously I didn't get the bike from them and this was a favour.

Have done another 20miles on the BH emotion. Very fast bike! BH clearly know what they are doing when it comes to e-bikes. Bike is an ex-demo so I also got a superb price (£1500 rather than £2300). May change racing handle bars in due course and fit mudguards and panniers etc. but for the moment just enjoying the bike.