BH Emotion Xenion 650 import

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
I have traced a BH Emotion Xenion 650 for Euros 1,899.00 + Euros 70.00 for 4/5 day delivery to the UK from France. This equates to about £1,644.93. Seems like a bargain. Can anyone see any major pitfalls in importing in direct from another EEC member state?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
PJM....no good reason other than after sales service and transit damage....the latter is a problem to us all-courier drivers don't like moving these bikes around and seem to love dropping them from a height on the back end of the box.
Feel free to come and test ride one down at Whitstable,the 650 is very much an off road type bike with chunky tyres,if that is what you are looking for? The 700 is more a road bike.
If you come to test with us I won't be offended if you buy cheaper elsewhere,at least you know you like the bike.
All bike photos and spec are now live on our website.
Dave
KudosCycles

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Well you cannot be fairer than that. I will have to arrange a day off and let you know. I was looking at the 650 down to weight. I would just put on my road tyres. How does the samsung v bosch compare for hill climbing? I love the look of the Cross and Xtrem.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The Bosch goes up hills well because of the crank drive. The Samsung seems very powerful so I suspect it will climb hills well but have not had a chance to try yet-its not the nicest of days here today!!!!!!
Dave
KudosCycles

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
look at the bosch bikes I linked to on other £2000 budget thread and compare spec

I think they have better spec when you compare components, and all weight around 20 kg

have seen the KTM Macina Bosch we had for under £1600 now we paid £1800. Make sure if you are buying from Europe that spec is what you want as they have other 700 series bikes that have a Panasonic drive...

Last edited:

robbiedog

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 2, 2011
Uckfield East Sussex
Buy in the UK

I have traced a BH Emotion Xenion 650 for Euros 1,899.00 + Euros 70.00 for 4/5 day delivery to the UK from France. This equates to about £1,644.93. Seems like a bargain. Can anyone see any major pitfalls in importing in direct from another EEC member state?
PJM, you should support dealers in the UK as then you will get a warranty and full dealer support in the event something goes wrong, also you will have you bike ready to ride and not in a box then you have to do final assembly and any PDI issues that might arise.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Only if they play fair and charge European prices......

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
PJM, you should support dealers in the UK as then you will get a warranty and full dealer support in the event something goes wrong, also you will have you bike ready to ride and not in a box then you have to do final assembly and any PDI issues that might arise.
While I understand your point Robbie, the case is not as simple as you describe in as much as many UK buyers purchase bikes from UK dealers at the opposite end of the country. Those who do so must rely on good after-sales service under the warranty as they can't easily pop the bike back to a supplying dealer in say, Scotland when they live in Sussex.

Usually that relies on a local bike shop performing repairs sanctioned and paid for by the supplying dealer, (if you're lucky) or boxing up the bike and returning it to the supplier. All in all, not much different from purchasing from mainland europe except for the fact it's often much cheaper to buy abroad.

Indalo

Eaglerider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2011
East Sussex
I think I would support Robbiedog in purchasing from a UK dealer.

I guess its your money, so you spend it how you want. But I'm sure The chaps at Kudos would cut you a cracking deal.

I have been lucky, and my ebike has not put a foot wrong yet, but I would certainly attach high value to the support from a dealer in the UK who speaks good English and has a willingness to help. Many UK firms have shown on this site how they will go the extra mile to keep customers happy, and as I can't solder anything myself I would certainly err on the side of peace of mind.

I can see an advantage for a really shoddy, cheap item to save a few bob, but the EMotion bikes are very high quality and if you are only going to save say £200 buying abroad, I'd pay the extra and get it from Kudos.

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
if a Bosch power unit goes there is nothing serviceable, it is a factory sealed unit, it is simply exchanged for a new one. so its going to have to go back anyway if beyond a control problem........ the chances of that happening must be pretty slim. The bike side can be serviced anywhere